PDA

View Full Version : Epic Level Duskblade

millar999
2011-01-22, 03:30 PM
This should be a pretty easy question for you guys.

I've joined a campaign where we start at level 1 but have the opportunity to progress to 30+. I'm not looking for an optimized character but I want to keep my Duskblade competitive into the 20's and 30's. I'm new to d&d but from what I understand the best way to do this would be to advance his spellcasting.

I was thinking of going Duskblade 13/Warblade 2/Sorceror 1/Jade Phoenix Mage X

Viable? Or can you come up with something better? BTW, I like the concept of a fighter/caster so I don't want to take classes that will significantly hurt his fighting ability.

SurlySeraph
2011-01-22, 03:57 PM
Since you're new, I'd probably stick with just Duskblade up to level 13, and maybe go into Abjurant Champion after that. Playing an excessively complicated character is often more confusing than fun.

If you think you can manage, I'd go with Duskblade or Sorcerer, not both, because you'll want to have all of your spells based off of the same ability score. Duskblade/ Wizard is potentially viable if you want Arcane Channeling.

You could go with something based off the classic gish build base of Paladin 2/ Sorcerer 4 / Spellsword1 / Abjurant Champion 5.

An option that looks viable would be Duskblade 3/ Wizard 2/ Spellsword 1/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Warblade 1/ Jade Phoenix Mage X. You'd get your arcane channeling, +16 BAB easily, and 9th-level spells sometime in your epic levels.

millar999
2011-01-22, 04:43 PM
Yeah I was planning on taking Duskblade to 13 for simplicities sake. So if I just switched out sorceror for wizard to make Duskblade 13/Warblade 1 or 2/Wizard 1/Jade Phoenix Mage X would that work?

My problem with Duskblade 13/Abjurant Champion X is that it doesn't seem to expand the Duskblade's spell list which I would think is important.

Thespianus
2011-01-22, 04:50 PM
My problem with Duskblade 13/Abjurant Champion X is that it doesn't seem to expand the Duskblade's spell list which I would think is important.
Nothing really does.

If you multiclass with Wizard, you won't expand the Duskblade spell list, you'll just start with 1st level Wizard spells. If you're a 14th level character with 13 levels of Duskblade, level 1 Wizard spells at caster level 1 wont impress anyone.

SurlySeraph
2011-01-22, 05:24 PM
The easiest way I know of to expand the DB's spell list is to take the Arcane Disciple feat, but that requires high Wisdom.