PDA

View Full Version : Clerical Construct Control [PF]

sampsonx
2011-01-22, 07:52 PM
So I'm looking into building a Clay Golem for my dwarven cleric in a game of pathfinder that a few friends of mine and I are playing. It's a pretty laid-back game in which the DM has only played one campaign before he started DM'ing (don't worry, he's good at it. One of those people who has free time, money, and concentration to completely immerse himself in the rules of the game in just a short time), three of us have limited experience in published roleplaying (one in pf, the other two including me have played a bit of 4e.) and one person who's completely new to it. We have a lot of fun and don't worry about optimization (power gain, yes, optimization no). Anyway, as my cleric is a follower of Torag and is in the Artifice domain, I thought it would be fun to build a little golem to follow him around.

I have the blessing of the DM for this, especially because it fits in my backstory. And I think we've worked out how I'll be building the construct once I have the resources. My question is once my cleric builds the construct, how does he control it? It seems implied that he can control it since he built it, but despite my research I have been unable to uncover anything that lays out the actual mechanics. Is it vocal? Does it take actions? Can I control more than one?

If there aren't any actual written rules for controlling constructs, I'm sure I'll just work something out with the DM, but I'd rather go by actual rules if they're out there.

Thanks!

Waker
2011-01-22, 10:15 PM
I haven't read all of PF yet so I can't be sure the rules changed from 3.5. In the MM it says that the creator must be within 60ft and can been seen/heard. This would seem to imply that a golem must be given verbal commands in order to be used. Although if you have some alternate means of communication, such as telepathy you might be able to use it with DM approval.