PDA

View Full Version : Stormguard Warrior question

Sith_Happens
2011-01-23, 09:46 PM
First off, I'm new to these forums, so greetings to you all.

Anyways, I came up with a build based on the premise that one could use Combat Rhythm to achieve insane Stand Still save DC's. However, I realized that because of the specific wording of that part of the Stormguard Warrior feat, this may not work.

My question is, if an enemy provokes an AoO from you, do you get to add the bonus damage from Combat Rhythm to the AoO's damage?

Keld Denar
2011-01-23, 09:57 PM
The wording of Combat Rhythm (on your NEXT turn), leads me to agree with you. Your next turn doesn't start until you come up in initiative count again. AoOs that happen in between when you start winding up Combat Rhythm and when your next turn starts won't get the bonus damage.

Now, the bonus damage would last for that full round, so it would add to AoOs made in the time between your next turn and the turn after that. If you pumped up Combat Rhythm 2 rounds in a row and kept doing it, you'd get to the point where all of your AoOs would have that bonus, but it wouldn't start immediately, if you understand what I'm getting at.

Private-Prinny
2011-01-23, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the Playground!

Unfortunately, the Stormguard Warrior feat specifies that the damage boost is on your next turn. This means that no, the interim between your current turn and your next turn does not get the bonus.

Sith_Happens
2011-01-23, 10:12 PM
That is dissapointing.
How viable is a Strength-based character that still needs 19 Dexterity for Greater Two-Weapon Fighting? Or is there another way for a dual-wielding character to get high Stand Still DC's?

MeeposFire
2011-01-23, 10:40 PM
In order to get really high DCs then you are going to need classes that boost the damage of that attack. Two standard choices are using monk(1) for decisive strike and fighter(16) for overpowering attack. Both of these allow you to deal double damage with your attacks the entire round.