PDA

View Full Version : Traveller: Between the Stars

byers2142
2011-01-24, 06:28 PM
The outbound terminal of Hawron Spaceport, the largest spaceport on the planet Beck, is known for a lot of things. Elegant restaurants for voyagers taking in one last meal before shipping out butt against dive bars whose very plascrete walls are soaked with the potent liquors and cheap narcotics they sell. A small toy shop, with foam replicas of the Beck Family Royal Sword sits across the aisle from a seedy medical supply shop. Zhodani diplomats brush elbows with cashered Naval officers in the crowded aisleways.

At over two kilometers long, the Royal Concourse has it all. Some people, once arriving, never leave. They stay in small hostels along the side-aisles, working in the shops of the terminal to pay for food and home. Outside, the world of Beck is a place of beuaty and extravagance, but it's only in the outbound terminal that one can see that beauty meshed with the varieties found elsewhere in the universe in ways that should not work, but somehow still do.

It's here that the crew of the newly commissioned Free Trader The Corinth have gathered, plannng out last minute details before they leave for Reis. The cargo they carry has already been packed into the hull and their flight clearances established; soon, they will be leaving for the black of jump space and everything that comes after.

Jerbiton
2011-01-25, 03:56 AM
Jeanette was the one who decided that the meeting should take place at Kiboto Matsumimo Sushi. Next to her chair, there were two bags with clothing and toilet articles. Her cheeks are flushed with pleasure.
"Guys", she is saying while helping herself to another California Roll, "before we leave this paradise, we may want to do some more shopping. I for example need anagathics. It seems like a good idea to buy some before we get stranded God knows where. I've also noticed that there is no engineering kit I can use onboard the ship, and there are few more knick-knacks, like one of those cool brooches that can be used as mobile phones that I must have. Do you know if I can buy this stuff online?"

OOC: I assume that expenditure for stuff that is not game relevant doesn't have to be deducted from the totals. Otherwise I'll deduct some money for toothpaste and skirts.
How long will it take to do some more shopping? Online delivery should be quick at this TL?

byers2142
2011-01-25, 02:23 PM
Outside of Kiboto Matsumimo Sushi, the crew can see the crowds moving back and forth in the busy aisles. A Vargr moving with purpose made a brief hole in the sea of sentients, but for the most part the crowd moves like waves in the ocean.

OOC: Yes, at this TL level anything you order should be back on the ship before you can get there yourself, but online ordering with delivery like that bumps costs up by 10%.

And for non-essentials, I treat that like the ship's locker; if it's reasonable you would have it, you have it. If you want to roleplay out buying those things, great! But I won't punish you by making you lose credits just because you're getting into your character.

jebob
2011-01-27, 02:01 PM
Ggrenk drops into his seat, helping himself to a palmful of delecacies. "Ordering can be done at almost any public terminal, although I see no reason to in this world-of-shops. I know some places where such things can be bought."

ArcaneStomper
2011-01-27, 09:34 PM
Harrison has already finished his food so he watches the sea of people outside as the others eat. Turning to them he says, "I have a few things I need to pick up as well. Like Jeanette said the ship is missing a complete set of tools, and I need a decent computer as long as we're going to be shopping anyway. How long do we have before we leave?"

Jerbiton
2011-01-28, 09:31 AM
"Four hours if I hurry", Jeanette says.