PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Druids With Adamantine Body

The Rabbler
2011-01-25, 12:01 AM
I remember learning about some deity that a druid could worship who would allow druids to wear metal armor. I also remember learning that this applied to warforged and their armor feats. Anyone have any idea what I'm remembering?

Alleine
2011-01-25, 12:12 AM
The Forgotten Realms goddess Mielikki can do so, I believe. Though I wouldn't know which book to find her in. Campaign setting perhaps? Or Player's Guide?

The Rabbler
2011-01-25, 12:24 AM
that's the one, thanks.

gbprime
2011-01-25, 12:59 AM
Ah, FRCS page 23. That states her druids are allowed light and medium metal armor. So Mithril Body is in, but Adamantine is still out. And you have to mix Faerun and Eberron to get that far.

Darrin
2011-01-25, 08:06 AM
Ah, FRCS page 23. That states her druids are allowed light and medium metal armor. So Mithril Body is in, but Adamantine is still out. And you have to mix Faerun and Eberron to get that far.

Warforged appeared in MM3, along with their armor-related feats. So they're not Eberron-specific and can appear in any campaign world. Besides, Faerun is a "Kitchen Sink" campaign world, with enough high-level reality-bending wizards that you can find just about anything you can imagine somewhere on Toril.

Although Mithral Body and Adamantine Body do not specifically forbid Warforged from taking Druid levels, they do explicitly forbid casting druid spells and using druid supernatural/spell-like abilities. Worshipping Meilikki might allow you to cast spells with Mithral Body, but you'll want to clear that with your DM first.

The feat you want for a Warforged Druid is Ironwood Body (Races of Eberron p. 119). It gives you the equivalent of hide armor (AB +3, MaxDex +4, ACP -3), except it's treated as light armor and you gain DR 2/slashing.

A Warforged Druid with Adamintine Body might be possible if you take a level of Fighter first and use the Armored Savant ACF from Dragon #355. You swap your 1st-level fighter feat for the supernatural ability to ignore the weight of your armor for encumbrance and treat it as one category lighter for the purposes of movement. From there, you could go into Druid and just make sure you worship Meilikki. Don't go near any AMFs, though. Again, you'll want to clear that with your DM.