PDA

View Full Version : The city of broken dreams

Ninjaman
2011-01-25, 09:31 AM
Hi there i wass thinking of making a Post-apocalypse-roleplay-comic. I was thinking of picking a team of five to six members, and then let a new person in when someone died. Just wanted to know what you thougt of the idea. I need to make the rules so it would proppobly take some time before i start it for real. Still i would love ideas and response

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_VNsRqOWzhhw/TT7dMfdCI9I/AAAAAAAAAW0/CN9bTTXIVfU/s259/Future%20cowboy.png.jpg

Weapon sizes
note than guns arenīt real sizehttp://lh4.ggpht.com/_VNsRqOWzhhw/TUcGtqxi7yI/AAAAAAAAAYE/pDokjslZmaI/s94/slug-chug.png.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_VNsRqOWzhhw/TUcJ_bM9L3I/AAAAAAAAAYM/D07oQxHw20w/s106/X-10.png.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_VNsRqOWzhhw/TUcLXZELBCI/AAAAAAAAAYY/3B1ym3eYesw/s800/shotgun.png.jpgExperience
I was thinking of not making levels but instead using xp that the player could use straight away. Stat increases will need to be bought from Xp, and not too often.
Also i thought of adding traits, which is just like feats, except that you need to get them at the start of the game, or after a special experience.
I thougt of adding both positive and negative traits. Negative trait picked at the start of the game will give you more Xp.
Traits will be stuff like: bad tempered, pacifist, phobias, blind, sharp eyed and fighter instinct

Classes(1 for now)
Scout
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_VNsRqOWzhhw/TT8wsZvD68I/AAAAAAAAAXI/YJELzigdh0s/s246/scout.png.jpg
Scouts are the basic of basic. They can use most weapons and feats, and at a reasonable price.

Stats:
Physic
Strength: 80-120
Constitution: 80-120
Dexterity:80-120

Psychic
Intelligence: 80-120
Knowledge: 80-120
Will: 80-120

Charisma: 80-120
Observation: 80-120

Good skills: All, depending on which build you want.

Feats: They can get all feats, and at reasonable prices.
Weapons: All weapons, though some might need feats.
Armor: Medium, can get heavy by feat.

Pros: Large range of weapons and feats.
Cons: No really cheap feats.

Ninjaman
2011-01-26, 12:48 PM
I would love some feetback on this one.

blackjack217
2011-01-26, 12:53 PM
reasonable price.

Ninjaman
2011-01-26, 12:57 PM
reasonable price.

Oh yea editted it, anything else?

Comet
2011-01-26, 02:36 PM
Sounds great. Just work out the rules and you're good to go.

Incidentally, how exactly does a roleplay comic work? Is it basically an illustrated play-by-post where a bunch of players announce their actions and you try to draw them together into a comic page? I feel something like this should have a fair amount of thinking behind it, since things could get confusing pretty fast if everyone's just shouting out ideas at the same time.

Ninjaman
2011-01-26, 02:55 PM
Sounds great. Just work out the rules and you're good to go.

Incidentally, how exactly does a roleplay comic work? Is it basically an illustrated play-by-post where a bunch of players announce their actions and you try to draw them together into a comic page? I feel something like this should have a fair amount of thinking behind it, since things could get confusing pretty fast if everyone's just shouting out ideas at the same time.

Thanks. I was thinking that everybody needed to post >"action" in bold for what their character is doing.

Also added how i was thinking of making experience.

Ninjaman
2011-01-31, 01:23 AM
I would love some feedback, why has only two commented?

Hacktor
2011-01-31, 10:11 AM
i've been through this before... not the rp-comic but the asking for feedback before content...

so i'll help you..

The scout looks great (is he holding a space marine bolter?) But you have to give him more detail...

Basically this class does everything.. and that's a good starting point but now you have to diversify the classes and restrain the abilities.
No social abilities?

As for support, i know it's hard to make content without feedback and to get feedback without content so here it goes..

It's great. All you have to do now is keep with it... go go.... why are you still reading this? go make some classes...

If you read this...you lose. :smalltongue:

Ninjaman
2011-01-31, 02:09 PM
i've been through this before... not the rp-comic but the asking for feedback before content...

so i'll help you..

The scout looks great (is he holding a space marine bolter?) But you have to give him more detail...

Basically this class does everything.. and that's a good starting point but now you have to diversify the classes and restrain the abilities.
No social abilities?

As for support, i know it's hard to make content without feedback and to get feedback without content so here it goes..

It's great. All you have to do now is keep with it... go go.... why are you still reading this? go make some classes...

If you read this...you lose. :smalltongue:

Yea, about the content i just wanted to know if someone liked the idea before i created it.
Becourse if i couldnīt even get 5 players there is no point in it.

Yes he is holding a space marine bolter, as i was thinking of using some warhammer 40k weapons.
I will add more details, but i want to show what this game is about before i show the details.
Social abilities, i added charisma and i am also gonna make diplomacy feats.

I will set up the progress speed when i get more replies.

Temassasin
2011-03-04, 09:14 PM
what's the apocalypse, is zombie, nuclear war, or divine judgement(or different less stereotypical end of the world) any way there should be a leader and survivor class. leaders have good socials,heals, and maybe bonus feats in exchange for week fighting abilities. while survivor should get good fighting stats but bad social and has to take a bad trait at first level for no bonus. incidentally i think you might want to put traits in tiers like gruffness could be a tier 1 (or tier 0 like mage cantrips in dnd) bad trait while Madness would be a lot higher tier trait.

leakingpen
2011-03-07, 10:34 AM
I would be in for it. I like the idea.

Ninjaman
2011-03-07, 12:09 PM
Sorry guys itīs dead.

CrimsonAngel
2011-03-07, 07:43 PM
It was never alive.

Ninjaman
2011-03-08, 01:13 AM
well.... undead?

Ender Wigin
2011-03-09, 04:23 PM
Yea, so is the stick test. I've been on spring break for a while, and haven't been on here in a long time, so tell me... What are you currently working on now? (And can you assure us that it will keep going and won't become dead OR undead?)

Ninjaman
2011-03-10, 08:18 AM
Yea, so is the stick test. I've been on spring break for a while, and haven't been on here in a long time, so tell me... What are you currently working on now? (And can you assure us that it will keep going and won't become dead OR undead?)

Right now nothing and i wonīt be doing anything anytime soon. It wonīt become dead as long as people are posting, and i feel that somebody is interested.