PDA

View Full Version : Feat Selection Help

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-25, 01:14 PM
So I have been having epic amounts of trouble selecting one feat for a 4th level Swordsage/Totemist I am playing in a current campaign. So I was wondering if I could perhaps have a little help. Right now I have weapon finesse, shadow blade, darkstalker and ________. (Two flaws for extra feats) I am a "dark" whisper gnome and mainly am focused on being a fly on the wall most of the time and an ad hoc assassin when need be. I was wondering what would be a good fit for my final feat. I was wondering if there was some feat that allowed me to use DEX to STR based skills to further reduce MAD. Or there had been some talk on these forums before about a feat that would couple well with my frost helm soulmeld allowing me to give a save or Exhausted effect instead of Save or Fatigued. I was wondering if maybe someone could shed some light on this Exhaustion Feat or any other suggestions would be hot. Thanks all in advance.

Amnestic
2011-01-25, 01:18 PM
No idea if this is missing anything major/how helpful it'd be, but there's a pretty decent "X to Y stat" list here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732). Your mileage may vary I suppose.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-25, 01:31 PM
I didn't even think of looking into the X to Y bonus. The "Agile Athelete" feat would be perfect for reducing MAD in those particular skills. (A +5 for each is a lot better than -1)

I may very well go with that feat. I am also very curious as to what feat was being mentioned before concerning the winter mask soulmeld. I don't know exactly what was meant but someone was saying there are feats that allow you to change fatigue into exhaustion. Which that would be a very good save or suck ability to spam at everyone if that is the case. Does anyone have a clue as to what or where this could be found?

Amnestic
2011-01-25, 01:42 PM
Okay, first I'm not sure why you want to change something from Save or Fatigue to Save or Exhaustion? That seems backwards to me since Exhausted is worse than Fatigued. Might be missing something to do with your class/soulmelds or something.

I did find this feat (http://dnd.savannahsoft.eu/feat-2925-tireless.html) which is in the Player's Guide to Faerun and is regional (and has to be taken at level 1). Could ask your DM if you could grab that?

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-25, 02:19 PM
Okay, first I'm not sure why you want to change something from Save or Fatigue to Save or Exhaustion? That seems backwards to me since Exhausted is worse than Fatigued. Might be missing something to do with your class/soulmelds or something.

I did find this feat (http://dnd.savannahsoft.eu/feat-2925-tireless.html) which is in the Player's Guide to Faerun and is regional (and has to be taken at level 1). Could ask your DM if you could grab that?

Yeah exhuasted id worse. This is an ability that I can use to make an enemy save or be fatigued. It's not sometihng effecting me rather than a status affect I can inflict on others. Sorry if that was unclear.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-25, 03:29 PM
Bump. I know someone out there knows what I am talking about. This place is full of knowledgeable folks. ;)

Darrin
2011-01-25, 05:14 PM
Bump. I know someone out there knows what I am talking about. This place is full of knowledgeable folks. ;)

Best I can come up with is Exhausting Defense (Dragon #345), a tactical feat where you use Combat Expertise for multiple rounds to attempt to fatigue/exhaust your opponent, but your target has to fail a Fort save DC 15, which will be laughingly easy for most opponents by the ECL you can get the feat, and the save DC never improves.

Frost Helm doesn't do fatigue. Did you mean Winter's Mask? Person_Man suggested combining it with Brass Mane.

Other feat suggestions:

Adaptive Style is kinda a feat tax for Swordsages, who can put it off at low levels when combat is fairly short, but at ECL 6-9 you start running out of gas.

Shape Soulmeld. You want to pick up Thunderstep Boots from the Soulborn list (particularly if you can get Pounce) and Vitality Belt from the Incarnate list (+4 morale bonus on all Constitution checks, including Concentration, and a swordsage can definitely use the extra HP).

Dead Eye (Dragon Compendium). Add Dex bonus to damage on ranged attacks within 30' for which you have the Weapon Focus feat. What style is your discipline focus in?

Craven (Champions of Ruin) once you get Assassin's Stance. Follow up with Staggering Strike (Complete Adventurer).

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-25, 10:09 PM
Winter Mask is indeed the soulmeld I meant. I will look into combining it with Brass mane to see how that would stack. Good suggestions over all as well to Darrin. I appreciate the input.