PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necromancers and Walkers in the Waste...

TechnOkami
2011-01-25, 02:39 PM
I have a character who is both classes. The main question I have is: when you've turned into the effective lich for one of the classes, what happens to you when you reach the final level of the other class?

Choco
2011-01-25, 02:41 PM
Regular template stacking rules would apply I guess.

Though at that point the game is epic level and nothing works as it is supposed to anyway.

Lapak
2011-01-25, 02:42 PM
Regular template stacking rules would apply I guess.Which means that only the first 'lich' would apply, as lich can only be applied to humanoids. The first transformation changes your type to Undead, and you don't qualify for the second?

ScionoftheVoid
2011-01-25, 02:46 PM
I have a character who is both classes. The main question I have is: when you've turned into the effective lich for one of the classes, what happens to you when you reach the final level of the other class?

You're in Epic and have had to dip a Divine class for access to WitW anyway? Seriously, you're at least level 31 by that point.

On topic, one template disqualifies you from the other, so finish WitW first, Dry Liches are better than standard ones.

TechnOkami
2011-01-25, 02:50 PM
You're in Epic and have had to dip a Divine class for access to WitW anyway? Seriously, you're at least level 31 by that point.

On topic, one template disqualifies you from the other, so finish WitW first, Dry Liches are better than standard ones.

On the topic of you saying I would have to dip into a divine class to acces WitW, that is in fact a no. I'm just using feat loopholes to give me access to WitW. :D

Choco
2011-01-25, 02:52 PM
On the topic of you saying I would have to dip into a divine class to acces WitW, that is in fact a no. I'm just using feat loopholes to give me access to WitW. :D

Alright, minimum of lvl 30 then.

Either way you can only have one, so pick the one you want the most and make sure you get that first. Or, as this IS epic levels and the rules don't matter anymore, talk to the DM about maybe allowing you to apply both, where you get all the strengths and weaknesses of both, using the biggest modifier in case of stacking.

Nate the Snake
2011-01-25, 04:46 PM

What feat loopholes are you using to pull this off? :smallconfused:

some guy
2011-01-25, 07:48 PM
Uncertainty about whether you're a lich or a dry lich?

Schrödinger's Lich (http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=1014) is what happens.

Psyren
2011-01-25, 08:05 PM
What feat loopholes are you using to pull this off? :smallconfused:

Southern Magician or Alternate Source Spell would be my guesses. It just says you need to be able to cast three spells from the domains as divine spells; it does not say you actually need the domains themselves.

@ OP: No dawg, you cannot put lich in your lich so you can lich while you lich.

TechnOkami
2011-01-25, 08:21 PM
Southern Magician or Alternate Source Spell would be my guesses. It just says you need to be able to cast three spells from the domains as divine spells; it does not say you actually need the domains themselves.

@ OP: No dawg, you cannot put lich in your lich so you can lich while you lich.

Southern Magician and Arcane Disciple to be specific.

Psyren
2011-01-25, 08:37 PM
Southern Magician and Arcane Disciple to be specific.

You don't actually need Arcane Disciple - your DN can simply pick up Parching Touch, Desiccate and Mass Desiccate through Advanced Learning, then cast them as divine spells with SM. As all three are on the Thirst Domain, you qualify for WitW.

The reason they want the spells rather than the domains is so that Druids can become Walkers as well.

Xefas
2011-01-25, 09:20 PM
Just to offer an alternative opinion, so you have some variety...

Double Lich! Same great Lich flavor, twice the Lich calories! You enjoy such benefits as 'Double Immortality' and 'Double Immunity to Effects That Require Fortitude Saves That Don't Also Affect Objects'. Your alignment obviously automatically shifts to Double Evil, as the double undeath you're experiencing double warps your very psyche.

The Glyphstone
2011-01-25, 09:31 PM

Double Lich! Same great Lich flavor, twice the Lich calories! You enjoy such benefits as 'Double Immortality' and 'Double Immunity to Effects That Require Fortitude Saves That Don't Also Affect Objects'. Your alignment obviously automatically shifts to Double Evil, as the double undeath you're experiencing double warps your very psyche.

Do you become Double vulnerable to positive energy? That'd be a big downside, though Double Healing from negative energy could make up for it.

Czin
2011-01-25, 09:43 PM

Does anything you touch become doubly paralyze and suffer 2d8 negative energy damage?

(Gah, now that question one of my little brothers asked is resurfacing..."Can Liches heal by touching themselves Valthy..."...get out of my head vile double entendre!)

Coidzor
2011-01-25, 10:14 PM
Uncertainty about whether you're a lich or a dry lich?

Schrödinger's Lich (http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=1014) is what happens.

Even better, Schrodinger's Phylactery. Upon destruction, you never know which route the body is going to be reformed by. :smallbiggrin: (wait.... no, they get brought back by both methods until they're observed in which case they end up being brought back by only one of the methods... meaning until they're observed there's two of 'em!?)