PDA

View Full Version : Ways to improve amount of breath weapon

Matamane
2011-01-25, 07:28 PM
Aside from the cinture item from the MIC, is there any way to increase the damage done by a breath weapon? Would a Dragonfire Adept's advancement advance say a half dragon's breath weapon damage?

Czin
2011-01-25, 07:30 PM
I have just two words for you, just two words; metabreath feats.

Keld Denar
2011-01-25, 07:31 PM
Um, nothing that I can think of.

And, no, DFA levels grant and progress its own breath weapon. They are two seperate breath weapons.

Matamane
2011-01-25, 07:34 PM
I am looking specifically for way to increase dice

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-25, 07:36 PM
I have just two words for you, just two words; metabreath feats.

I'm going to give this a +1. It's really all I can think of for a Half-dragon; look in Draconomicon and Races of the Dragon, if you want to get a lot of use out your breath weapon, then the feat for Half-dragons that lets you use it every 1d4 rounds is essential.

There's also the breath admixture(?) spell, from Draconomicon, that let's you basically double your breath weapon damage with another energy type, but it's probably a high level sorcerer/wizard spell.

Matamane
2011-01-25, 08:02 PM
Would that feat make a breath weapon I gained from say the half machine template work every d4 rounds as well?

Czin
2011-01-25, 08:03 PM
Would that feat make a breath weapon I gained from say the half machine template work every d4 rounds as well?

The Metabreath feats work on all breath weapons, so long as their recharge rate is defined as per round (every 1d4 rounds is the most common example of this) and not per day or minute.

Matamane
2011-01-25, 08:06 PM
I mean would a half machine half dragon who takes the frequency feat be able to use the half machine 1/day breath weapon every d4 rounds?

Czin
2011-01-25, 08:07 PM
I mean would a half machine half dragon who takes the frequency feat be able to use the half machine 1/day breath weapon every d4 rounds?

I don't think there's a feat that does that in the Draconimicon, I'll have to check the Races of the Dragon for that.

dextercorvia
2011-01-25, 08:48 PM
The Dragon Breath Feat requires you to be Half-Dragon, 6HD and have a Breath Weapon. It lets you use your Breath Weapon every 1d4 rounds, but doesn't specify which one. If you have two, I think it would actually give both of them the increased usage.

Matamane
2011-01-25, 08:50 PM
cool, then half machine half dragon is pretty cool

gbprime
2011-01-25, 09:05 PM
Binders get better breath weapons, honestly. Amon gives (Binder Level)d6 once every 5 rounds and Orthos does as well. (plus focalor gives a lousy one, as does Astaroth) But the breath feats are good for this class too.

Matamane
2011-01-25, 09:06 PM
But with Half Machine I get such a variety, usable every d4 rounds, and with decent damage

Keld Denar
2011-01-25, 09:36 PM
Note that per the Rules Compendium, all breath weapons share a cooldown. Thus, if your half-dragon BW is on cooldown, you couldn't use any other BW until the cooldown expires.

You get one, or the other, on any given cooldown period...not both.