PDA

View Full Version : Happy Ozzie day Ozzies!

gibbo88
2011-01-25, 08:49 PM
Happy Ozzie day to all the ozzies in the Playground. Whats everyone up to? Listening to the JJJ hottest 100 I hope and opening the beers.

Lady Moreta
2011-01-25, 09:02 PM
Don't drink, so no beers. :smalltongue:

Not actually being Australian am planning to be as un-Australian as possible :smallbiggrin:

... I'm actually not, I'm just intending to use the day off to get as much stuff done as I possibly can. Dishes, laundry, job applications. I did the same thing with Waitangi Day when I still lived in NZ. No plans to go see the fireworks either to be honest, I still have to go to work tomorrow so need an early night. Besides, my eyes are so light sensitive I can't actually look at them anyway, so there's no real point in going.

I may however start streaming the radio. It's too quiet in here and I've got job applications to write.

gibbo88
2011-01-25, 09:29 PM
Doing constructive things on Australia Day? How un-Australian! :smalltongue:

loopy
2011-01-25, 09:41 PM
Stuck at work in a call center while all my mates are at Big Day Out. Fun times, haha.

Traab
2011-01-25, 10:17 PM
I was hoping this would be a thread we could discuss the merits of crazy train on or something. :smallfrown:

Lady Moreta
2011-01-25, 10:19 PM
Doing constructive things on Australia Day? How un-Australian! :smalltongue:

Yay! I'm succeeding!

Ironic then, that if I get one of the jobs I'm applying for I'll have to get Australian citizenship :smalltongue:

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-25, 10:20 PM
I was hoping this would be a thread we could discuss the merits of crazy train on or something. :smallfrown:

me too... *lets dove free*

sounds like fun... have a good one:smalltongue:

Dispozition
2011-01-25, 10:35 PM
Sitting at home listening to the Hottest 100. Also being the most hated person on facebook by giving updates on it every 10 songs, mostly just saying it's all terrible.

Going to see a movie later tonight (:

Also, Australia day is a terrible day.

Lady Moreta
2011-01-25, 10:42 PM
Also, Australia day is a terrible day.

Why? :smallconfused: I'm rather enjoying my day off work :smallsmile:

Dispozition
2011-01-25, 10:44 PM
Why? :smallconfused: I'm rather enjoying my day off work :smallsmile:

Probably just because I didn't get invited to any parties or anything (:

I'm just being a bitter old teen.

Level8Mudcrab
2011-01-25, 11:23 PM
...It's Australia Day?

Shows how much I care for it :smallamused:

Lady Moreta
2011-01-25, 11:25 PM
Probably just because I didn't get invited to any parties or anything (:

I'm just being a bitter old teen.

Awwww *hugs*

Hey, at least you're not using your day off work to go out and apply for a bunch of other jobs :smalltongue:

Cheesegear
2011-01-25, 11:28 PM
Sitting at home listening to the Hottest 100. Also being the most hated person on facebook by giving updates on it every 10 songs, mostly just saying it's all terrible.

But it is all terrible. :smallamused:

Anyway, I'm spending my Public Holiday studying for my exam tomorrow.

Dispozition
2011-01-25, 11:36 PM
Awwww *hugs*

Hey, at least you're not using your day off work to go out and apply for a bunch of other jobs :smalltongue:

I had today off anyway, being casual and all. Sorry to hear you're doing that though >:

But it is all terrible. :smallamused:

To be fair, the second good song just came on.

Moonshadow
2011-01-25, 11:49 PM
I'm spending my day alone, reading the last 7 of the Legend of Drizzt books.

_Zoot_
2011-01-25, 11:57 PM
I'm spending my day at home with family, though I am hoping to go out latter today to do nerd things.

Remind me not to sing Rule, Britannia! To much to day, might get on peoples nerves more than usual. :smalltongue:

Lady Moreta
2011-01-26, 12:05 AM
Remind me not to sing Rule, Britannia! To much to day, might get on peoples nerves more than usual. :smalltongue:

I'm tempted to sing God Defend New Zealand - go for it :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

MoelVermillion
2011-01-26, 03:22 AM
Going down to the south Perth foreshore with some mates in a second, apparently we're going to watch the fireworks but I doubt we'll actually be particularly interested in that portion of it. I don't drink so I won't be cracking open any beers but I will relax in my own ways.

Serpentine
2011-01-28, 05:12 AM
My housemates and I spent Australia Day cleaning the old house. Whee :smallsigh: Listened to the Hottest 100 while doing so, of course. Thought overall there was some really good music, but was pretty disappointed with the top, say, 6 songs - they all seemed very generic and... "safe". Pity **** You was so low. My Boy's been whinging about it since they first announced it...

Linkavitch
2011-01-29, 03:54 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought too.