PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Trainer Class

supernerd
2011-01-25, 11:13 PM
So i've been working on this class for quite a while, but i think it still needs some toggling, also i really hope that at one point i can find someone who will let me use this class.pokemon is interchangable with creature as the basis of the class is to capture d&d monsters. This is an updated version thanks to the work of Dragon of Undeath. Thanks a lot!

Name is max 7 characters (all caps)
Class: Pokemon Trainer
D6 Hit Die
1/2 BAB
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Military Incompetence

Fort save: Poor
Will save: Good
Ref save: Good

Class skills:Balance, Climb, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge: (Pokemon), Listen, Move Silently, Ride, Search, Spot, Swim, Tumble
{5+INT}x4 at first level skill points

1st level: Gain Pokemon (Starter), Pokedex, Trainer Skill
2nd level: Poke-Control I, Running Shoes
3rd level: Companionship
4th level: Trainer Skill, Poke-Control II
5th level: Improved Companionship
6th level: Poke-Control III
7th level: Advanced Companionship, Trainer skill
8th level: Poke-Control IV
9th level: Greater Companionship
10th level: Trainer Skill, Poke-Control V, Synced Companionship

Gain Pokemon (Starter): You gain an Animal Companion, you may choose an animal companion as a Druid. If you have levels of Druid you may designate your current Druidic Animal Companion as your Starter Pokemon. If you do so treat your Pokemon Trainer levels as Druid levels for Advancement.

Running Shoes: at level 2 a trainer can activate his Running Shoes ability(does not fill the boots/shoes equipment slot) to add 10ft to his base land speed as a free action. He needs to have one hand free to hold the B button in order to gain this benefit.

Pokedex: When you have a Pokemon in a Pokeball, +10 on Knowledge checks about them or their species, +20 if you caught them yourself, +30 if you have used them in a fight, +40 if you have used them in a fight more than ten times.

Trainer Skill: +2 bonus to Handle Animal and Knowledge: (Pokemon) at level 1 and every 3 levels after that (4, 7, 10)

Poke-Control At level 2 and every two levels after (4, 6, 8, 10) increase the number of Pokemon you may control in battle at once.

Companionship: At level 3 when you are successfully attacked and a Pokemon is within move distance of you, roll a D4. On a 4 the Pokemon takes the hit, moves to where you are and you move 5 feet in the opposite direction as the Pokemon. If more than one Pokemon trigger this ability roll separately for all of them. If more than one makes it you may choose which does it.
At level 5 success is on a 3 and 4
At level 7 success is on a 2, 3 and 4
At level 9 it is an automatic success

Synced Companionship: You learn to speak Pokemon. You can talk to Pokemon and understand them completely. +4 to Handle Animal

Trainer Spell list: A Trainer automatically knows his/her whole spell list, s/he can cast spontaneously, uses Charisma for extra spells and uses a Wizard's spell per day
0: Catch Bug, Catch Bird, Catch Rat, Minor Pokecenter
1st level: Catch Fighting, Inspire Pokemon
2nd level: Catch Aquatic, Pokecenter
3rd level: Catch Fire, Catch Psychic, Catch Ice, Diss Pokemon
4th level: Catch Demon, Catch Angel, Greater Pokecenter
5th level: Catch Undead, Perfect Pokecenter
All Catch spells require a Pokeball at least and your Pokemon can't act until your next turn begins.

Catch Demon (more spells later)

Spell level: 4
Trainer: 7
Special: bypasses immunity to magic
SR: No
Save: Will
Target: Evil Outsider
Material Component: Pokeball
Action: Full-Round
Effect: On casting Catch Demon roll a d20 and add your Trainer level, Handle Animal skill level and relevant modifiers. If the roll doesn't exceed the target the spell fails to go off and the Material Component is thrown 2D6 feet in the direction of the target. If the roll exceeds the target creature's HD the creature must roll a will save with a DC equal to what you rolled or be captured. If it beats the DC the Material Components are expended and the creature takes a -2 to Will saves for 2 hours.

Targets for Capture: You may capture a target if the DM believes it fits one of the spells you may cast that day, has an Intelligence score lower than your own and has been reduced to at least half it's hitpoints.

New Items:

Pokeball: Costs 10GP. Provided no bonuses.
Greatball: Costs 150GP. Provides a +4
UltraBall: Costs 500GP. Provides a +8
IncrediBall: Costs 1,000GP. Provides a +16
Masterball: Costs 15,000GP. Automatically captures a Pokemon with less than 20 HD
UltimateBall: Costs 150,000GP. Automatically captures a Pokemon, even if the Pokemon is not at 1/2 hitpoints yet.
FastBall: Costs 150GP. Provides a bonus of Target Creature's Base Speed/10 to the roll
TimerBall: Costs 150GP. Provides a +1 bonus for each round that goes by (Max +9)
RepeatBall: Costs 150GP. Provides a +4 bonus when you have already caught that species of Pokemon
FriendBall: Costs 2,000GP. Provides a +1 To Hit, To Damage and AC per level of Trainer.
NetBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Bug Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Bug)
OceanicBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Aquatic Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Aquatic)
BlizzardBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Ice Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Ice)
InfernoBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Fire Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Fire)
HellBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Demon Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Fire)
HeavenBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Angel Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Angel)
CheeseBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Rat Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Rat)
RoostBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Bird Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Bird)
CrystalBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Psychic Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Psychic)
DojoBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Fighting Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Fighting)
NegativeBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Undead Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Undead)

Note: All Balls must replace Pokeballs in the Spell casting to take effect. This also uses them up. You cannot use more than one ball to gain multiple effects.

New Language:
Pokemon: Basically Common for Pokemon. Everything that is capable of being captured can speak this.

New Skill:
Knowledge: (Pokemon):
Provides a +2 bonus to Capturing Pokemon for every 4 skill points invested. Can be used to classify which type of Pokemon (Bird, Rat, Undead, Angel etc) and used as a Minor Action can provide another +5 if it beats the DC. DC=HD+1/2HD

New Feats:
Metamagic:

MultiThrow: By spending either 2 same level spell slots or 1 of the level above you may throw up to 5 Balls at 5 different Pokemon. Each Ball's bonuses (if any) apply only to the target it hits. You may only target one Pokemon per Ball.
Pokemon Autonomy I: You Pokemon can use one Standard Action in the turn you use a Capture Spell.
Pokemon Autonomy II: Your Pokemon can use a Standard Action, Move and Swift in the turn you use a Capture Spell.
Pokemon Autonomy III: Your Pokemon are unaffected by you using Capture Spells.

Class feats:
Trainer's license: this is a Trainer's most important piece of equipment. Made
of magic durable parchment (plastic) it is the thing that grants the Trainer his use Pokéball feat. It also grants them access to the Pokémon Center Facility Union. This also gives the trainer 5 Pokéballs.

Use Pokéball: a Trainer's key piece of equipment is his Pokéballs. He can use
these to befriend and obtain Pokémon after earning their respect in battle byusing his "Catch" spells. Half XP is gained when catching a Pokémon. Any caught Pokémon is automatically domesticated, even if the creature type says that it can't. The Pokémon also assumes the alignment of it's trainer for the purpose of example: a beholder with a good trainer isn't affected by smite evil. At the same time, a celestial Pokémon will be able to smite evil, but if their trainer is not good aligned, they will not be affected by smite good.

Special Animal Companion-Pokémon: a Trainer has several companions called
Pokémon. A party of trainers can have up to six Pokémon among them. A trainer can have up to 366 Pokémon, but it is recommended to stay within thirty. These are the responsibility of the player and not the DM to keep track of. A trainer cannot capture a Pokémon who's hit dice is higher than his level. Every morning, the trainer prepares the Pokémon he wishes to summon that day. A Pokémon that was summoned the previous day heals no hit points over night. Pokémon not prepared are sent to extra dimensional storage planes called boxes. When in a box for the day any and all Pokémon are completely healed.

Any Pokémon captured that normally has spellcasting or spell like abilties cannot use them at the command of a trainer.

supernerd
2011-01-25, 11:18 PM
and the worst part is i can't change my stupid username! gah! anyways this is just me hoping that someone can help me make this a decent class
one of the things id, once you reach level 15,you're basically just rasing you're stats, so you can multiclass once you reach a higher level, a ninja trainer would take ninja or monk levels, and bruno of the elite four has some fighter levels. a pshychic trainer might be a sorceror or bard, and a medium would be a cleric. stuff like that

DragonOfUndeath
2011-01-26, 06:22 AM
1. This needs to be laid out WAY better. Put in some tables and organize it properly.

2. Dead levels. This has LOTS of them. 5, 11 and 13 have nothing at all and no-one will take the 16th level of the class.

3. No capstone. The closest thing is Interpretive Companionship which allows the Pokemon to speak (?)

4. Catching things is hard to understand try something like a spell-list

5. Put new skills, feats and items on the bottom in clearly separate places.

Here is a rewrite of your class with my ideas in them. Feel free to reject or utilize my ideas. I made it a 10-level class because 20 is FAR too long for what you had. I don't have a capstone but all 3 upgrading abilities max on that level
I don't know how to put in a table without copying it so it isn't perfect.

Class: Pokemon Trainer
D6 Hit Die
1/2 BAB
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Military Incompetence

Fort save: Poor
Will save: Good
Ref save: Good

Class skills:Balance, Climb, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge: (Pokemon), Listen, Move Silently, Ride, Search, Spot, Swim, Tumble
{5+INT}x4 at first level skill points

1st level: Gain Pokemon (Starter), Pokedex, Trainer Skill
2nd level: Poke-Control I
3rd level: Companionship
4th level: Trainer Skill, Poke-Control II
5th level: Improved Companionship
6th level: Poke-Control III
7th level: Advanced Companionship, Trainer skill
8th level: Poke-Control IV
9th level: Greater Companionship
10th level: Trainer Skill, Poke-Control V, Synced Companionship

Gain Pokemon (Starter): You gain an Animal Companion, you may choose an animal companion as a Druid. If you have levels of Druid you may designate your current Druidic Animal Companion as your Starter Pokemon. If you do so treat your Pokemon Trainer levels as Druid levels for Advancement.

Pokedex: When you have a Pokemon in a Pokeball, +10 on Knowledge checks about them or their species, +20 if you caught them yourself, +30 if you have used them in a fight, +40 if you have used them in a fight more than ten times.

Trainer Skill: +2 bonus to Handle Animal and Knowledge: (Pokemon) at level 1 and every 3 levels after that (4, 7, 10)

Poke-Control At level 2 and every two levels after (4, 6, 8, 10) increase the number of Pokemon you may control in battle at once.

Companionship: At level 3 when you are successfully attacked and a Pokemon is within move distance of you, roll a D4. On a 4 the Pokemon takes the hit, moves to where you are and you move 5 feet in the opposite direction as the Pokemon. If more than one Pokemon trigger this ability roll separately for all of them. If more than one makes it you may choose which does it.
At level 5 success is on a 3 and 4
At level 7 success is on a 2, 3 and 4
At level 9 it is an automatic success

Synced Companionship: You learn to speak Pokemon. You can talk to Pokemon and understand them completely. +4 to Handle Animal

Trainer Spell list: A Trainer automatically knows his/her whole spell list, s/he can cast spontaneously, uses Charisma for extra spells and uses a Wizard's spell per day
0: Catch Bug, Catch Bird, Catch Rat, Minor Pokecenter
1st level: Catch Fighting, Inspire Pokemon
2nd level: Catch Aquatic, Pokecenter
3rd level: Catch Fire, Catch Psychic, Catch Ice, Diss Pokemon
4th level: Catch Demon, Catch Angel, Greater Pokecenter
5th level: Catch Undead, Perfect Pokecenter
All Catch spells require a Pokeball at least and your Pokemon can't act until your next turn begins.

Catch Demon (more spells later)
Spell level: 4
Trainer: 7
Special: bypasses immunity to magic
SR: No
Save: Will
Target: Evil Outsider
Material Component: Pokeball
Action: Full-Round
Effect: On casting Catch Demon roll a d20 and add your Trainer level, Handle Animal skill level and relevant modifiers. If the roll doesn't exceed the target the spell fails to go off and the Material Component is thrown 2D6 feet in the direction of the target. If the roll exceeds the target creature's HD the creature must roll a will save with a DC equal to what you rolled or be captured. If it beats the DC the Material Components are expended and the creature takes a -2 to Will saves for 2 hours.

Targets for Capture: You may capture a target if the DM believes it fits one of the spells you may cast that day, has an Intelligence score lower than your own and has been reduced to at least half it's hitpoints.

New Items:
Pokeball: Costs 10GP. Provided no bonuses.
Greatball: Costs 150GP. Provides a +4
UltraBall: Costs 500GP. Provides a +8
IncrediBall: Costs 1,000GP. Provides a +16
Masterball: Costs 15,000GP. Automatically captures a Pokemon with less than 20 HD
UltimateBall: Costs 150,000GP. Automatically captures a Pokemon, even if the Pokemon is not at 1/2 hitpoints yet.
FastBall: Costs 150GP. Provides a bonus of Target Creature's Base Speed/10 to the roll
TimerBall: Costs 150GP. Provides a +1 bonus for each round that goes by (Max +9)
RepeatBall: Costs 150GP. Provides a +4 bonus when you have already caught that species of Pokemon
FriendBall: Costs 2,000GP. Provides a +1 To Hit, To Damage and AC per level of Trainer.
NetBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Bug Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Bug)
OceanicBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Aquatic Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Aquatic)
BlizzardBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Ice Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Ice)
InfernoBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Fire Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Fire)
HellBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Demon Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Fire)
HeavenBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Angel Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Angel)
CheeseBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Rat Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Rat)
RoostBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Bird Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Bird)
CrystalBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Psychic Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Psychic)
DojoBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Fighting Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Fighting)
NegativeBall: Costs 100GP. Provides a +8 bonus when used on Undead Pokemon. (Can't be used on any Pokemon except Undead)

Note: All Balls must replace Pokeballs in the Spell casting to take effect. This also uses them up. You cannot use more than one ball to gain multiple effects.

New Language:
Pokemon: Basically Common for Pokemon. Everything that is capable of being captured can speak this.

New Skill: Knowledge: (Pokemon):
Provides a +2 bonus to Capturing Pokemon for every 4 skill points invested. Can be used to classify which type of Pokemon (Bird, Rat, Undead, Angel etc) and used as a Minor Action can provide another +5 if it beats the DC. DC=HD+1/2HD

New Feats:
Metamagic:
MultiThrow: By spending either 2 same level spell slots or 1 of the level above you may throw up to 5 Balls at 5 different Pokemon. Each Ball's bonuses (if any) apply only to the target it hits. You may only target one Pokemon per Ball.
Pokemon Autonomy I: You Pokemon can use one Standard Action in the turn you use a Capture Spell.
Pokemon Autonomy II: Your Pokemon can use a Standard Action, Move and Swift in the turn you use a Capture Spell.
Pokemon Autonomy III: Your Pokemon are unaffected by you using Capture Spells.

supernerd
2011-01-26, 05:03 PM
Whaoh, thanks for all of that! my DM might actually let me use it(that's a big might). I'll probably use a bunch of the things that you used, however i do understand that you completely abolished pikachu(porbably because systems were already made and you need not waist the time fixing it) but it was fun to make. but i do agree about using a druid companion for the starter, so much easier. i did see your point in making it a ten level class, and the d4 use for the companionship was something that i feel stupid for not thinking of, so much simpler. i doubt that you'll come back and read this little thank you blurb, but if you do thanks for all that help, you even allowed for more multiclass levels before epic level(which i think i'd explained that different sorts of trainers would multiclass to different things, and i just thought of the schoolboy/girls being the acrchivist from heroes of horror). i admit i did a really bad job at this, i'd never tried to homebrew anything before, so it was almost bound to be a fail, but i had fun and posting it gave me a viable class, maybe. however i don't quite see how using charisma for their spells would work, i maen the handle animal skill was basically most important for becoming the trainer, but knowledge pokemon was the basis of the class, the pokedex. it was supposed to be that an effective trainer is intelligent and knows how to strategize. i think that inorder to decrease "ludicrousness" when i give this to my DM i'll still include the "cannot catch something with more hit dice than you" restiction.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-01-26, 05:11 PM
Why wouldn't I check back on this?
The Charisma for Extra Spells is because you are basically convincing Pokemon to become one of your Animal Companions. more Charisma=more capture
D4 is a mistake anyone can make.

Tvtyrant
2011-01-26, 06:53 PM
You know you could always just invent a few new monsters and have them advance as a familiar+animal companion. They would start out with just a natural attack and every 5 levels they would "evolve" to get a whole slew of new SLAs, DR, and new natural attacks. Then instead of catching monsters you simply evolve fighting creatures you start with. You could then get a new one every 3 levels, maxing at 6.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-01-26, 07:19 PM
But where is the catching? You don't catch in the class you suggested

Tvtyrant
2011-01-26, 07:35 PM
True, but you can make it balanced, whereas catching monsters... wouldn't be. Let me put it like this: A Beholder has 13HD, so you could catch it at level 13. A Beholder is also equivalent to an entire party. The ability to fire 9 rays a turn, 3 of them at any one target, is truly game shattering. The groups wizard would have a hard time keeping up with it. A Trumpet Archon has 12 HD, and casts as a level 14 Cleric. That means catching one at level 12 would give you a better ability to cast as a Cleric then an equivalent leveled Cleric. A trainer that can catch things at its HD is Tier 0.

Monsters are meant to fight an entire party, so they are designed to be stronger then any one party member. Pokemon the game balances monsters against other monsters, so it isn't a problem.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-01-26, 09:59 PM
I don't know which Type the Beholder would go into so as a DM I wouldn't let a Trainer Catch it.
Since the DM decides who the party faces it is easy to NOT give them Monsters that they can catch and reliably beat the party with.
Plus the Wizard CAN get a Beholder with Dominate Monster

supernerd
2011-01-27, 08:43 PM
Not only that but a beholder is reletively intelligent, also fitting none of the catch spells afforementioned(the closest thing is demon, and a beholder is not a demon) and the better class is ten levels, because let's face it mine is just horrible in comparison, so a beholder wouldn't be able to be caught, however if it were like a high level hydra or something, that might be pretty bad for the opponents. i was thinking more along the lines of lower monsters, like an owlbear or a unicorn, or wolf. also if i were to make evolving monsters it would take me too much time to make. however i was hoping to reach level 33 and capture the mighty Hellfire Wyrm from monster manual II 3.5

supernerd
2011-01-27, 08:48 PM
and one more thing. HD is not the same as challenge rating! what now? depending on the level, even a difference in a few levels is significant difficulty difference

Someone in my group also added that my formatting looks like i put enters randomly, i just don't put periods at the ends of paragraphs exept in actual writing. my scentences end themselves! at least when the finish a paragraph ;p

supernerd
2011-01-27, 09:26 PM
for the "no creature smarter than you" thing, i doubt that a trainer can be smarter than an alakazam, but that's just me wanting to have a counterexample for everything, in d&d it'll work

DragonOfUndeath
2011-01-28, 01:44 AM
Can you copy/paste my class changes into the OP. That way people will know which is the most updated version of the class.

Havvy
2011-01-28, 02:19 AM
You've been preempted by Frank Trollman (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_d20_%283.5e_Sourcebook%29). Note that he builds things for tier 1 and that his system has the person basically playing two tier 3 characters for that balance level.

Fizban
2011-01-28, 05:36 AM
To be fair, he's been preempted by a heck of a lot of people, including several on these boards. It's always worthwhile to compare and contrast with others' work, so I'd suggest searching around.

supernerd
2011-01-30, 07:11 PM
I've updated the class if you hadn't noticed(not that i think you have bad spot checks or anything(good Lord i'm such a nerd)). also of course the balance would be nice, but i'm just a guy who's trying to get help so that he can play a pokemon trainer in his party when a proper campaign is arranged (in other words, waitning until a campaign comes around that a trainer won't seem rediculous)

DragonOfUndeath
2011-01-30, 07:15 PM
I have subscribed to the Thread but it doesn't send me a reminder unless you post.
To make a spoiler you do this: In caps
Stuff in here [\SPOILER]
Except use a / instead of a \ like this:
[SPOILER] Stuff in here
You can also click the speech bubble with SPOIL in it while the text you want spoiled is highlighted

Soulblazer87
2011-01-31, 12:49 PM
It may have already been said, but there IS a Monster Tamer class in DnD wikia... And it has its partner of Pokemon trainer somewhere in there too. Along with stats for pokemon. Just thought you may want to use that to start out. As a template or something.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-01-31, 03:42 PM
This is already mostly finished. We just need to tweak it. Not start again with a template from D&DWikia

supernerd
2011-01-31, 04:11 PM
btw, what is spoiling for? being a "pixie in the playground" at the time of posting this most likely means that i am allowed to ask this question. and in any case unless it annoys you, you can't stop me from asking it. and even then the best you could do without going stalker on me is tell me to shut up, i haven't seem a report button yet so...... i'll expect an answer

DragonOfUndeath
2011-01-31, 04:19 PM
1. Spoiler let's you cram lots of text in without taking up the whole screen. You can toggle Spoilers on and off letting you read the text inside

2. The report button is the Red Triangle on the bottom of the post in the left corner

supernerd
2011-01-31, 04:22 PM
well thank you, that will be a function i am glad to have learned, and now i feel really stupid(spot check fail has i(such a nerd))

DragonOfUndeath
2011-01-31, 04:33 PM
Did you just try to reference D&D AND Yoda at the same time?

supernerd
2011-01-31, 07:25 PM
no, i just was abandoning my use of grammar

supernerd
2011-02-01, 02:56 PM
So I thought it would be fun to make some pokémon up for the starters so that if people wanted to use those instead of Druid companions. That and I was bored;p
I've made a pikachu and am hoping to make a charmander, bulbasaur, and squirtle complete with evolutions. I hope to make them balanced-ish so the trainers who choose one starter will be better of than others. But I'm automatically going with pikachu, no matter what.
Without further ado
Pikachu
Tiny size
40ft base movement speed
d4+1 hit dice/level
Levels up same as trainer
AC: normal:16 flat footed:12 touch:14
STR8, CON12, DEX18, INT8, WIS10, CHA12
max-ed skills for balance, jump, and tumble. auto +8 to jump-misc mod
+8 to listen and spot checks
Speaks Pokémon
Understands human speech, (primary language of trainer)
If commanded by trainer, has the ability to give immunity to it's electricity attacks for 24hours (at will)
+1/level electricity resistance
stops leveling up at lv10

thunderbolt-lv1
Ranged attack with up to 30ft range(+30ft every 5th level) or 5ft around occupied square(+5ft every 5th level). Does1d6/odd level +1/even level electricity damage. *Make 15+1/2levels(round up)*DC reflex save for half damage. *If target(s) fail save, they make a DC15+1/3levels(round down) fortitude save for stun 1d4 rounds

Thunder-lv5
twice per day*
add 1d6/2levels(round down) to thunderbolt. Add the added number of d6s to save DC for stun and change duration to 1d4+1. Increase range by 10ft/5levels or 5ft for an attack on surrounding area

Thunderpunch-lv5
Thrice per day
+1/level melée
x2 critical
Does 1d8/2levels(round down)(bludgeoning)+2d6(electricity)
DC15+1/2levels(round up) fortitude save for stun 1d4+1 rounds

Volt tackle-lv10
Once per day
+15melée
x3 critical
does 5d8(bludgeoning)+4d6(electricity). Takes a full round action. Is similar to charge attack but must be done from at least 10ft away and no further than 60ft away. Has 25 DC fortitude save for stun 1d4+1 rounds.

supernerd
2011-03-02, 05:06 PM
Because I'm using my iPod for the Internet I'm going to post this addition. I've decided that the pokécenter spells will act as the "cure" spell of the corresponding level. The perfect pokecenter functions for your entire team. You can use one of these spells for a Pokémon that is inside it's Pokéball. They also ignore the first 40% of arcane spell failure chance. Pokécenter spells can only be used on Pokémon.

supernerd
2011-03-02, 10:22 PM
Here's a big step for balance in this class: captured Pokémon do not retain spellcasting or spell like abilities, this means that if you, let's say, catch a dragon who knows arcane spells, you can't make it use them.

supernerd
2011-03-08, 10:36 PM
Now I've added, by a request made IRL by one of my friends, the feat Running Shoes for second level.

Any other "flavor" feats anyone would like to add(like a sliph scope or bike)?

MesiDoomstalker
2011-03-20, 07:53 PM
I'm working on a pokemon class as well. The basis is a pokemon-centered Druid. You get wild-shape at first level but only as pokemon. Thus you turn into pokemon. I thought it would be more balanced to not have a powerful pokemon and a possilby powerful trainer on the field at the same time. But I digress. I'm making rules to create stat blocks for any pokemon utilizing the stats, abilities, and attacks of Pokemon you find in the games. I'm not quite finished with it yet. I need to make a lot of tables to transfer Pokemon stats into D&D stats. If you'd like, you can use these rules to create any pokemon you like once I finalize and balance them.