PDA

View Full Version : RP Help

bokodasu
2011-01-26, 10:31 AM
This worked really well last time, so I'm appealing to the creative faction of this board once again. (But if you are another player in this campaign, shoo! S00per-s3kr1t sekrits to follow!)

I'm playing a half-giant psychic warrior in the service of a third-in-line-to-the-throne prince. Her story is that she is the deposed princess of a desert kingdom, and all the other players/characters have this story. The DM/prince know her real story, which is that she is a member of a major desert smuggling syndicate looking to branch out. (She really is loyal to the prince, though, and they're looking for a mutually beneficial agreement between their factions. Also, she needs the paychecks.) The other PCs are her co-workers, and most probably have their own secrets.

Her stats are 18/14/14/14/14/8 - my idea is that she's trying really hard to pull off this royal persona, but is really bad at it, and it causes people to mistrust/dislike her, even if they can't say why. In a pinch, she resorts to bribery to make "friends". My dilemma is: how do I roleplay someone playing a character badly, without looking like I'm just playing a character badly?

Crossblade
2011-01-26, 11:00 AM
From the way I see it, best way would be to play a Tsundere trying to be nice but failing.

Yora
2011-01-26, 11:22 AM
What you ask is probably the greatest challenge actors have faced in the history of acting. :smallbiggrin:

I would advise that if someone calls your character out for being inconsistent in her words and actions, try to fix these mistakes in-characters. Let the others see that it's your character making up explainations for her behavior and that you are not explaining to the other players why you really wanted to say when you had your character speak or do those things.
Also with Charisma 8, she would not be that good in dealing with other people. When someone challenges her story, have her react anoyed or angry and quickly change the subject without trying to put the others at ease. If it's impolite, the better. :smallwink:

Callista
2011-01-26, 11:34 AM
Charisma 8 isn't horrible; it's just a little below average. In the 8-13 range, I really don't think it's necessary to make any special effort to be anything but average.