PDA

View Full Version : A Title Forgotten: Please Help

Knaight
2011-01-26, 10:47 AM
Due to a phenomenon that can be best summed up as nostalgia, I've been meaning to take a look into several black and white pseudo-manga comic books that I read years ago. One of these was Akiko, the other had some title I don't remember. Furthermore, my memories of it are fragmented at best. As such, if anyone knows of anything that meets my brief description, it would be nice to see it posted.

It was line art, in black and white.
The main character was a young thief
There was a romance between the main character and some red head
The read head may have been an apprentice of a which. Maybe.
There is a witch, who is initially portrayed as evil, but becomes sympathetic.
The witch had two apprentices. One, or possibly both, of them are not on very good terms with her.
The witch had a pair of swords, both with black blades, that she wore on the same hip. Said swords go between witch and apprentices several times.
There was a fairly young looking absent minded wizard, who was a mentor character of sorts.
Said wizard had some sort of history with the witch
There was a minor scene where said wizard set up a booby trap in a forest, and explained why a booby trap was called a booby trap. Mention was made of calling it a dummy trap, but that name implying the trap itself didn't work.
There were several scenes with guns that fired darts.
The main character gets a magical glass sword at some point. He is warned that if he falters when wielding it, it blows up and kills him.

That's all I can remember distinctly, other than lots and lots of specific still images that can't be described well due to a quirk of how my memory operates.