PDA

View Full Version : After Revenant Blade then what

Andry
2011-01-26, 11:41 AM
Ok guys I have a build question for you. I am currently playing a Valenar Elf
Ranger4/Scout3/Lion Totem Barbarian1/Revenant Blade 4. Now after I finish off Revenant Blade I have no idea where to go with him.

Some specifics: my dm has let me stack my levels with Ranger, scout, and Revenant Blade for my Swift Hunter feat (due to the other members of the group playing a Valenar druid, a warforged wizard and a dwarven dragonfire adept. I also took the telling blow feat so I can use my skirmish damage on a critical.
For battle tactics I right now I am basically starting with a charge to full attack with skirmish with my keened elven courtblade. I plan to switch to the double scimitar after I level up and finish off the prestige class.

So I ask all of you guys where should I go from here?

Elfin
2011-01-26, 11:49 AM
I'd actually just advise taking more ranger/scout levels. The usual PrCs are Tempest and Dervish, but they're sort of traps, IMO.

Cog
2011-01-26, 12:45 PM
A few warblade levels for Tiger Claw maneuvers might give you some fun TWF abilities. Mostly, though, ranger or scout to keep stacking your Skirmish bonuses, and to make sure you take Favored Enemy for everything that'd otherwise be immune to your skirmish damage.

Andry
2011-01-26, 12:58 PM
So far I have Favored enemy Human ,Undead, constructs and Giants (courtesy of Revenant Blade). So I seem to have those bases covered.

Akal Saris
2011-01-26, 03:36 PM
Bizarrely enough, I made a revenant blade last night. I took shock trooper and went into bloodstorm blade, so I could throw my scimitar 40 feet, bull rush them into each other, trip them when they hit each other, get free hits from that, and then finish my full attack 2-weapon routine.

Here's an old but nifty handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872270/The_Revenant_Blade_Handbook)for revenant blade by the way!

It recommends:
-Frenzied Berserker (you'd need a few odd feats)
-Kensai (you probably don't qualify b/c of skills)
-Eternal blade (you need 1 level of warblade to qualify)
-Dervish (too many feats needed for you)
-Singh Ranger (what is this anyways? You probably qualify)
-Straight levels of warblade (how boring!)

To that list I'll add:
-More levels of ranger for swift hunter!
-Stalker of Kharesh (BoED 75): If your DM is nice enough to let it stack for swift hunter, this is a pretty cool ranger-esque PrC

Here's the build I came up with last night, in case it gives you any ideas.

Arsene Leblanc
Wood Elf Ranger 2/Warblade 1/Fighter 2/Revenant Blade 5/Bloodstorm Blade 4/Master Thrower 1/Warblade +5

BAB +20, IL 14 (or IL 12?)

Stats 32 PB
Str: 20
Dex: 16
Con: 14
Int: 6
Wis: 8
Cha: 8

Skills: 6-2 = 4.
1: Concentration 4R, Hide 4R, M. Silently 4R, Know (Hist) 2R CC
2: +1R to Con, Hide, M. Silently, +1r CC balance
3: Balance +1R CC
4: Balance +1R CC
5: Balance +2R
6-8: balance +1R cc.
9-10: something nicer...

Feats:
1: WF: Scimitar

2: Two-Weapon Fighting [B]
3: Bladebearer of the Valenar
4: Power Attack [B]
5: Point Blank Shot [B]
6: Leap Attack
6: Improved Trip [B]
8: Improved Critical [B]
9: Improved Bull Rush
10: Weapon Spec (Scimitar) [B]
12: Shock Trooper
13: Distant Shot [B]
15: Precise Shot
16: Quick Draw [B], Deadeye Shot (MT 1: Crit goes from x2 to x3)
18: GTWF
18: ITWF [Gloves of Balance or whatever bonus]

What can he do: Improved trip at ranged with a 2H weapon is silly!

Example: +5 weapon, +6 str at 20, tome and stats both to str for +10, full PA for 20, enlarged, hasted

Shock trooper on:
+17/+17/+17/+17/+17/+12/+7/+2, 1d8+67, 15-20/x3

Total if all 5 main attacks hit: 355 dmg.

With a valorous weapon, doubled for 710 dmg.

Or with shock trooper on:
+37/+37/+37/+37/+37/+32/+27/+22, 1d8+67, 15-20/x3

Can also bull rush +42 or improved trip at +46 from ranged.

Against multiple enemies: Use directed bull rush throw and send one opponent into another, then free trips on both, then both take free hits from improved trip, then do next throw and so on.

Stance: Blood in the Water - each crit adds +1 attack & dmg. Will add up soon hopefully!

Maneuvers:
WB 1 (IL 3): Blood in the Water, Sudden Leap, Steel Wind, Steely Strike
WB 2 (IL 11): Iron Heart Surge
WB 3: (IL 12): Swap Steel Wind for Pouncing Charge
WB 4: (IL 13):
WB 5: (IL 14):

WITH FLAWS:
Feats:
1: WF: Scimitar
1F: Bladebearer of the Valenar
1F: Power Attack
2: Two-Weapon Fighting [B]
3: Point Blank Shot
4: Improved Bull Rush [B]
5: (Ftr ACF: Dungeoncrasher) [B]
6: Leap Attack
6: Improved Trip [B]
8: Improved Critical [B]
9: Shock Trooper
10: Weapon Spec (Scimitar) [B]
12: Precise Shot
13: Distant Shot [B]
15: Improved Precise Shot
16: Quick Draw [B], Deadeye Shot (MT 1: Crit goes from x2 to x3)
18: GTWF
18: ITWF [Gloves of Balance or whatever bonus]

Good luck!

Cog
2011-01-26, 03:42 PM
So far I have Favored enemy Human ,Undead, constructs and Giants (courtesy of Revenant Blade). So I seem to have those bases covered.
Plants, Oozes, and Elementals are all immune to crits as well. Of course, that matters less if you basically never see those types in your games.

Greenish
2011-01-26, 03:52 PM
-Singh Ranger (what is this anyways? You probably qualify)It's one of the better melee PrCs of 3.0. Requires Lawful, a couple of feats and +7 BAB, it gives Rage, Pounce, some AoE fear options, some haste and stuff like that.

It's still pretty sweet, though you'll probably want Pounce before ECL 11.

AslanCross
2011-01-26, 06:23 PM
I'd go with more Warblade or Eternal Blade myself. The names also kind of add up and sound like your character is getting a promotion. Eternal Blade also goes really well with the "By the power of my ancestors" fluff of Revenant Blade.

abadguy
2011-01-26, 09:35 PM
Since you already have Swift Hunter, I'd go with more ranger. Plus you would hit Ranger 6 which gives Imp TWF. More hits are never bad.

Hmmm looks like you're pulling double duty as the BSF and skillmonkey, how's that working out?

Andry
2011-01-26, 10:22 PM
Hmmm looks like you're pulling double duty as the BSF and skillmonkey, how's that working out?

Oh yeah that is working out great:smallamused: The druid who could help a bit is playing as a blaster. Although her tiger is basically my melee buddy with the wizard basically either blasting with lightning or barrlefield control. It;s been fun so far though.