PDA

View Full Version : Unresponsive players for a pbp game.

Hazzardevil
2011-01-26, 02:00 PM
Just now I sent a message to 3 players in my game who have not responded tellign them to take part or to tell me if htey don't wish to play.
Is this the right thing to do?

Tengu_temp
2011-01-26, 02:05 PM
Why shouldn't it be?

Zeofar
2011-01-26, 02:29 PM
Sure, if that's how you would handle it. This issue isn't covered by any official board rules or protocols beyond that GM's are basically considered to be in charge of their threads; it's up to you to decide how you want to handle it. If you're just wondering from an opinion point of view and not whether or not there are rules about this, you'll get more responses in the Roleplaying Games section.

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-26, 02:44 PM
As far as forum rules go, you won't be getting any infractions for telling people to pick up the pace (it's not dome obscure version of vigilante moding or something). Unless you did it in a threatening, highly abusive manner that made your players cry, but that's a whole seperate issue.

arguskos
2011-01-26, 02:53 PM
As far as forum rules go, you won't be getting any infractions for telling people to pick up the pace (it's not dome obscure version of vigilante moding or something). Unless you did it in a threatening, highly abusive manner that made your players cry, but that's a whole seperate issue.
And what good GM doesn't, exactly? :amused: This is a joke, don't get uppity guys. ;)

Roland St. Jude
2011-01-26, 03:32 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: From a Forum Rules/forum administration standpoint, that's fine, as mentioned above, as long as you weren't abusive, profane, or otherwise in violation of the Forum Rules in the way you conveyed that message.

As noted above, if you want input on whether that was the appropriate way to handle it in a social (as opposed to rules) sense, please repost in the Roleplaying Games section.