PDA

View Full Version : a puny question

big teej
2011-01-26, 02:16 PM
is it possible to become pun-pun with the following sources (AND ONLY the following sources)

the SRD
DMG
DMG II
PHB
MM I
dieties and demigods
A&EG
BOED
BOVD
races of stone
masters of the wild
and......

that should be it, I don't have my bag in front of me.

randomhero00
2011-01-26, 02:19 PM
No idea. But more practically who cares? Are you actually considering playing him?

2xMachina
2011-01-26, 02:19 PM
1. Don't try.
2. Requires the book Serpent Kingdoms for Sarrukh. No sarrukh, no Pun Pun.

big teej
2011-01-26, 02:20 PM
no, but I have a player who mentioned it, so I was merely curious if he could pull it off if he tried..

my preplanned response to pun-pun is "congratulations, you win, roll up a new character"

so I don't care if someone does ascend to pun-pun

just curious about the ways to get there.

Douglas
2011-01-26, 02:46 PM
The one absolutely critical linchpin of Pun-pun is the Sarrukh monster from Serpent Kingdoms. Without that, it can't get started. With that, availability of other books merely causes relatively minor variations in the details of Pun-pun's nigh-omnipotence and what level he can achieve it at.

The various "ways to become Pun-pun" are really just "ways to acquire the Manipulate Form ability of a Sarrukh".

Greenish
2011-01-26, 02:55 PM
The one absolutely critical linchpin of Pun-pun is the Sarrukh monster from Serpent Kingdoms. Without that, it can't get started. With that, availability of other books merely causes relatively minor variations in the details of Pun-pun's nigh-omnipotence and what level he can achieve it at.

The various "ways to become Pun-pun" are really just "ways to acquire the Manipulate Form ability of a Sarrukh".Though the Wish chaining that makes Pun-Pun possible could be used in many interesting ways.

The methods of starting said wish chain require access to Fiend Folio (or wherever Pazuzu is, I forget) or Expedition to Demonweb Pits.

Douglas
2011-01-26, 03:03 PM
Though the Wish chaining that makes Pun-Pun possible could be used in many interesting ways.

The methods of starting said wish chain require access to Fiend Folio (or wherever Pazuzu is, I forget) or Expedition to Demonweb Pits.
Wish chaining is not what makes Pun-Pun possible. Wish chaining combined with Pazuzu is what makes Pun-Pun possible at level one.

The simplest way to get Manipulate Form to start the real shenanigans is to just be a high level Wizard and cast Shapechange. All other builds are just attempts to get the ball rolling at a lower level.

Aemoh87
2011-01-26, 04:03 PM
No serpent kingdoms no chance period. Not even a glimmer of hope....

But as the very sick and distorted DM I am, encourage your players to call pazuzu, then see how easy it is to write a campaign about that. Like cutting butter with a blow torch.

Aemoh87
2011-01-26, 04:04 PM
P.S. Pazuzu is from one of the fiendish codex' so without those that isn't even possible.

Arbitrarity
2011-01-26, 04:07 PM
Depends on level. The lynchpin is Serpent Kingdoms. If that's available, you can do it around level 5 with Divine Minion available, something like 13 with Psionics (and metamorphic transfer), 17 with PHB (shapechange), and with FC at level 1, because Wish chain lulz.