PDA

View Full Version : How big is the Savage Worlds player-base?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-01-26, 03:41 PM
I just picked up a copy of Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition, but I'm starting to regret it. Not because I dislike the system (quite the opposite), but because I can't find anyone online who plays it. I'm sure they exist, but it seems they are nowhere to be found.
Is the SW player-base bigger than I think, or is it just unpopular?

Matthew
2011-02-16, 11:34 AM
Not very big, it would seem. I know a few guys online who play, and a few who dabble offline. I think, by its nature, it is more of a casual "fill in" sort of game for when you want to play a particular sort of game, but you lack a system.

Doc Roc
2011-02-16, 01:02 PM
I play it, and I think that it's not a terribly uncommon system. It sees a lot of play at FLGS, largely because it's incredibly chobo friendly.

Draz74
2011-02-16, 03:58 PM
I think there's a decent fan base for it on the MapTool forums, led by RPTroll.

big teej
2011-02-16, 07:11 PM
-raises hand-

my group has a Savage Worlds: necessary evil campaign in rotation with 2 dnd campaigns

one of my players is a man who helped DESIGN THE GAME
its so wonderful =D

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-02-16, 07:13 PM
-raises hand-

my group has a Savage Worlds: necessary evil campaign in rotation with 2 dnd campaigns

one of my players is a man who helped DESIGN THE GAME
its so wonderful =D

Wow!

-----

Well, I'm glad I didn't get those SW books for nothing. Thanks everybody.

Knaight
2011-02-16, 07:19 PM
Its also worth noting that it is common for people who play something other than D&D to be very willing to try new systems. As such, finding a group of people* is all you need, not finding a group of people who already play Savage Worlds.

*Barring those who are familiar with the system and dislike it.