PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Flying Animal Companion Mount

Quirken
2011-01-26, 06:37 PM
I'm fleshing out an Inquisitor character for a Pathfinder game, and have a couple general build plans, and can't make up my mind.

All of them revolve around me getting a Dragonne as an animal companion (via taking the Animal domain), and likely taking Boon Companion to get rid of the -3 companion level from gaining a companion in this way.

Getting a flying mount sounds like fun. I've never really played a lot of mounted stuff, though I'm familiar with mechanics. Generally speaking, I've avoided it, since horses and other mounts are of limited use in dungeons. Though if you get a medium-sized mount...

In general, I'm planning on being a damage dealer with a two-handed weapon. Light or medium armor. The DM is allowing a 3.5 PrC that lets me channel spells into my weapon (as a move action), too.

So, here's a few different builds I have in mind. I've already rolled my base stats (18, 16, 15, 14, 12, 12, if you're curious):

Human PC, Large Dragonne, Elven Curve Blade (1d10 damage)

STR20 DEX 15 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 16 CHA 12

Halfling PC, Medium Dragonne, Elven Curve Blade (1d8 damage, finnessable)

Strength Build: STR16 DEX17 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 16 CHA 14
Weapon Finesse build: STR14 DEX 20 CON 15 INT 12 WIS 16 CHA 14

I guess the real questions are...

1) is it worth decreasing size to make sure my mount/animal companion can go anywhere I go?
2) If I take the decreased size, should I stick with STR as my main stat? +3 isn't shabby, but compared to the +5 to attack at full size or in the finesse build...

Thanks!