PDA

View Full Version : Leadership!!

kikesp24
2011-01-27, 04:52 AM
So i was thinking that i always wanted to use the leadership feat.. but i want to know how does this affect the party... does the cohort works like an extra NPC/Pc? and what about the followers? it's worth it?

holywhippet
2011-01-27, 05:07 AM
It might be up to the DM but I'd say as a general rule that your cohort will be under your direct control, or at least they will be if they are with your character. Cohorts don't reduce the XP gained by the party by helping in a fight so having them is a good thing - just make sure they don't die.

Followers are good if you have a use for them. Generally you don't want them fighting, but you could have them making items or something while you are adventuring.

FelixG
2011-01-27, 05:18 AM
All adventuring groups need Groupies! thats where Followers come in :smallbiggrin:

If you have a bard you could assign a few instruments and have them play back up to the bard.

Have a few fighters warblades ect in there to guard your caravan of loot while you go into a dungeon adventuring.

They are very nice for standing guard at night or setting up camp!

Aemoh87
2011-01-27, 06:14 PM
The big question to get answered is how does the DM do cohort exp? I have seen where you have to donate them your exp in a system like the one in the DMG or I have seen where your cohort just remains at it's max level, leveling up whenever you do.

Saint GoH
2011-01-27, 06:21 PM
It's lovely.

Make your cohort a bard for Dragonfire Inspiration while you do the whackin business. Followers can craft items for you while you are gone (It's like Christmas x2 whenever you finish a dungeon! YAY!), and eventually in Epic levels you can basically have your own little kingdom. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Also note, Leadership is the second quickest way to get a DMG to the head. Right after Druid 20. :smalltongue:

Aemoh87
2011-01-27, 06:27 PM
I have to be honest if you have a Artificer cohort and the Landlord feat things get crazy at home :)

EvilJoe15
2011-01-27, 06:39 PM
My favorite use of Leadership is in conjunction with Gods Need Prayer Badly (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GodsNeedPrayerBadly).

Now when you claim to be a god (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AGodAmI), you can actually back it up.

Aemoh87
2011-01-27, 07:05 PM
Didn't wizards post some similar mechanic about how the amount of worshipers effects your deity level?

Coidzor
2011-01-27, 08:36 PM
I have to be honest if you have a Artificer cohort and the Landlord feat things get crazy at home :)

Resistance is futile, after all. :smallamused:

Aemoh87
2011-01-28, 11:20 AM
Really there isn't anything better than an Artificer (as a cohort).

I usually take leadership at 6 and landlord at 9. Then give my artificer Mercantile Background at 1 and landlord at 9. Makes for lots and lots of extra money!!!