PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help with character build!!

Dr Pavo
2011-01-27, 07:42 AM
Hello people! So this what i'm up to.. We are starting a new campain, new dm on sunday... We're starting at lvl 8 we got 30 000 gp, we are using weapon group feats & facing from unearthed arcana, we are 4 players, we don't know exactly what the other players rol are but i will really like to be a fighter... I've never played one before i always played the dexterius not front melee combatant, we have 32 points to buy stats, and I really don't care about the race.. I was planing on a drow (with no LA) just for the fun of the rol.. Maybe a warforged? Or i don't know i'm open to hear some ideas...i will really like doing a LOT of damage with high critical range...like the jovar (2d6/18-20x2) and i thoungh about a fighter5/ kensai3...( at lvl 3 kensai i can get a +3 enchantment so if i buy a +1 keen jovar... It will be a +2 collision keen jovar.. Am i right?? ) hmm maybe an animated tower shield +1 ?? So anyone that could help me will be most appreciated..

Combat Reflexes
2011-01-27, 12:33 PM
I don't know much about the martial part of D&D, but if you want to optimize there are two ways to go:

1. power attack combined with Leap Attack, Shock Trooper, Combat Brute etc. for maximum damage potential. Is very powerful but gets boring fast.

2. the ToB characters. Does your DM allow ToB? If he does (he should), maybe a Warblade would be best for extra Jovar-cleaving fun.

also, I don't think the Kensai works that way. IIRC, you can make your weapon into a +3 weapon, not add +3 enhancement on top of the sword's existing bonus; Might be wrong though.

Keld Denar
2011-01-27, 12:38 PM
Utility melee level 8 build:

Barbarian1/Paladin4/Hellreaver3

Use the Spirit Lion Totem ACF from Complete Champion

Use the Paladin of Freedom ACF from Unearthed Arcana

Pump Cha through the roof

Use Chaos Devotion and/or Divine Might to hit people with your sexiness.