PDA

View Full Version : Races that qualify for Multiattack?

Last Laugh
2011-01-27, 10:25 AM
Working on a silly gestalt character, but having difficulty getting multiattack on a race that wouldn't hurt my character too much.

Kobold is always an option, but are there any other LA +1 or LA 0 races with 3 natural attacks? Alternatively any way to get Two-weapon fighting without having 15 dex would be handy.

The build right now is Druid 4/Swordsage 4, adding wisdom to lots of stuff and using Tiger claw + wildshape for fun. I don't really want to put 15 in Dex just to get TWF (I wont be using my base dex for most of the time, and turning into a creature with <15 dex would make the feat useless)

Any other way to qualify for Multiattack that I should know about? My dream race is Dream Dwarf, but -2dex and no natural attacks makes this very tricky.

I don't want to use Warforged.

I can think of Poison Dusk Lizard folk, but I would lose almost every feature when Wildshaping and the +1 LA makes it unattractive.

In advance, thank you for any help you can give!

Prime32
2011-01-27, 11:09 AM
Thri-keen? Shifter with Extra Shifter Trait? (there's an ACF which replaces wildshape with improvements to shifting)

EDIT: Wait a minute... you want this while wildshaping? You don't need to worry about race then. You can take the feat if you have a form which grants enough natural attacks, you just won't be able to use it while out of it. If your DM argues with you, point out stuff like the Wayfarer Guide (a PrC which improves your teleport spells), which mentions that fighters with helms of teleportation sometimes enter the class. IIRC there's some official material which recommends that human druids take Weapon Focus (claw).

Two Weapon Fighting does not affect natural attacks, though if you want it there's the Gloves of the Balanced Hand (which also upgrade existing TWF feats by one stage).

Last Laugh
2011-01-27, 11:28 AM
EDIT: Wait a minute... you want this while wildshaping? You don't need to worry about race then. You can take the feat if you have a form which grants enough natural attacks, you just won't be able to use it while out of it. If your DM argues with you, point out stuff like the Wayfarer Guide (a PrC which improves your teleport spells), which mentions that fighters with helms of teleportation sometimes enter the class.

Two Weapon Fighting does not affect natural attacks, though if you want it there's the Gloves of the Balanced Hand (which also upgrade existing TWF feats by one stage).

Alright, this is awesome. Very good job. I was concerned that my DM might be picky about not always qualifying.

The TWF is just to enter into Bloodclaw Master, but it doesn't look like it gives me anything.

AtomicKitKat
2011-01-27, 11:35 AM
^^^What he said.

If you're not Wildshaping, Catfolk+Willing Deformity+Deformity Teeth(or alternately, Barbarian Class+Feral Rage Feat) should grant you 3 natural attacks(2 claws+1 bite). Darfellan(Orca-folk) get a natural Bite, so find a way to get Claws and you're in as well. Alternately, any race with some kind of Bite(or any other Natural attack, really) attack, combined with Aberration Blood+Deepspawn qualifies.

Keld Denar
2011-01-27, 12:10 PM
Skarn are another race that get a natural attack, great if you are thinking of splashing some Totemist in. A Skarn with Deepspawn has 3 natural attacks.

Fouredged Sword
2011-01-27, 12:19 PM
Not a race, but I feel like a two level dip in totemist should be suggested for 4 claw attacks regardless of form. It stays with you for your wildshapes as well.

Fishy
2011-01-27, 12:26 PM
Grafts! Faiths of Eberron has the Mighty Arms graft, which is a slam attack you can buy fairly cheap.

AtomicKitKat
2011-01-27, 08:50 PM
Grafts! Faiths of Eberron has the Mighty Arms graft, which is a slam attack you can buy fairly cheap.

If we're going with Grafts, I'd run away from the Eberron ones. They're less powerful than the "Classic!" versions.:smallbiggrin:

TroubleBrewing
2011-01-27, 08:53 PM
But also less expensive (i.e., all of the grafts out of LoM practically defining "prohibitively expensive"). Both in terms of monetary cost and in terms of "make a will save every day or lose Wisdom" cost.

AtomicKitKat
2011-01-27, 09:28 PM
But also less expensive (i.e., all of the grafts out of LoM practically defining "prohibitively expensive"). Both in terms of monetary cost and in terms of "make a will save every day or lose Wisdom" cost.

As opposed to "Auto-lose Constitution"?:smallconfused: At least you can use Restoration to cure the Wis loss.

TroubleBrewing
2011-01-27, 09:37 PM
Yeah, but the real question is whether or not he can spare 40,000gp or more for a graft.

gallagher
2011-01-27, 11:19 PM
Yeah, but the real question is whether or not he can spare 40,000gp or more for a graft.

be an unarmed swordsage?

2xMachina
2011-01-28, 12:42 AM
Dragonwrought Kobolds are good. They also qualify for Rapidstrike later, so enjoy using your Natural attacks multiple times in a round.

6 BAB right? You get +6/+6/+1/+1/+1 Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Bite

11 BAB, take Imp. Rapidstrike for 3 claw attacks per hand. It auto-scales to 4 later, at 16BAB.

Hmm, req. 10 BAB, so not yet. But you can get it later.

Your weak Str is covered by SS (Shadow Blade). And Wildshape removes it entirely.

Coidzor
2011-01-28, 01:23 AM
Alternatively any way to get Two-weapon fighting without having 15 dex would be handy.

Ranger 2. Or anything that grants Ranger combat styles. Such as one of the Barbarian variants from Unearthed Arcana.

Can't remember the name, but there's a magic item that gives one the benefit of the TWF feat as well in the Magic Item Compendium. Might be one of the armbands, maybe one of the gloves.

Keld Denar
2011-01-28, 02:46 AM
Gloves of the Balanced Hand, MIC.

gorfnab
2011-01-28, 05:31 AM
Beguiler from Shining South is LA +0 and gets Multiattack as a free bonus feat.

2xMachina
2011-01-28, 07:08 AM
Pikachu uses Claw/Claw/Bite!

Master_Rahl22
2011-01-28, 09:25 AM
You could dip Totemist for 2 levels, or if you don't have the levels to spare but you do have the Dragonblood subtype you could take Shape Soulmeld (Claws of the Wyrm). Claws of the Wyrm and Dragon Tail from Dragon Magic are the only soulmelds I've found that give you natural weapons without requiring them to be bound to a chakra.