PDA

View Full Version : Puppet of Flesh? Avatar creation for Elder Evil 3.5

Rosalinath
2011-01-27, 11:48 AM
I need some help brainstorming for my Elder Evil's face and voice to the people, similar to H.P Lovecrafts Nyarlathotep and how he worked it. The Elder evil itself is homebrewed, being a being of shadowy chaos that wants to bring the material planes inhabitants to worship it, leaving the gods powerless for it to to destroy them all.

The puppet will be a prophet to the people, a dark messiah, an anti-christ essentially. The main points I want to have for this character are charm, presence, escape plans, and for her to end up being a literal puppet for the monsterous creature.

Right now is just brain storming, ill be working on this for a good bit every day.and also would anyone have any name suggestions for either the puppet or elder evil?

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-27, 12:16 PM
Hmm, I'm not really sure where to start; how powerful do you want her to be exactly, and do you have some kind of theme in mind to build her abilities around (like fire, death, or plague)?

Charm and presence don't really feel like enough to work with honestly. One suggestion I can make is to look at the Archdevil Aspects in Fiendish Codex 2 for ideas.

Rosalinath
2011-01-27, 12:28 PM
Power level would probably be around ECL 12-14, her theme being enchantments most likely, as well as Transformations with the end results being her turning others into charmed abominations of some kind..

I have seen them, the aspects, but I cannot simply copy from them since half of the party of the campaign this will be in have read those books as well >.<

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-27, 12:47 PM
Mmm, I should've asked this first, but: given that this is the agent of an Elder Evil, did you want her, or at least her true form, to be something alien and hideous, or do you expect her to only be encountered in a humanoid form?

A new idea I had was to take something like a chaos beast, or possibly an amphibious aboleth, as a base (since both of those creatures have transformative abilities), and give them bard or sorcerer levels, or just the appropriate enchantment spell-like abilities.

Rosalinath
2011-01-27, 01:02 PM
That thought never really occured to me actually. Im thinking probably a chaos beast, or maybe an awakened flesh golem or somesuch. The thought is a creature created specifically for the use of the elder evil, its will is hers.

I expect her to stay in human form for the majority of the time, changing form when in danger or when the climax draws near

Fouredged Sword
2011-01-28, 12:34 PM
Evil Thral herd telepath.

Just saying.