PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

Dr.Epic
2011-01-27, 04:16 PM
So let me give you a little back story:

I'm president of a club at my college and I decided to organize a Munchkin night for the club because I love the game and based on the people in the club they're probably love it too. I just recently acquired Munchkin and 4 of the other variants. We'll just split the club into groups and everyone will play one game. I know how to play but many don't so I need to teach the other club leaders and maybe one or two other people in the club how to play so there's one or two people in each group who know the rules easy enough.

Originally I was going to invite them all over to my place this Saturday and we'll play like 5 games of Munchkin to make sure the rules are hammered into their heads. I'd forgotten that this weekend an old friend (an alumni) of myself and my roommates is going to be crashing on the couch. I was planning on just playing the game in the living room but my friend's going to be living there for the next few days so I'm not sure really what to do. I have some ideas:

-play it in my room and not the living room; my room's kind of small and I'm not sure where we could play, I have one chair so some people could just sit on the bed, I put my table in front of the bed and someone could sit in my chair

-move the game to some other place; I'm sure I could just use someone else's apartment/dorm room, or use a public place on campus (so long as we're not too loud)

-talk to my friend about using the living room; honestly I'm not sure how I could do this without looking like a jerk: "Hey buddy! I know your our guest but do you mind if I kick you out of the place you're currently living so I can play a card game for a few hours?" I guess I could ask him in advance if he wants to play or maybe he'll even be out doing something that day.

-postpone the tutorial; Munchkin night isn't for a few weeks so we don't have to do it this weekend. I just want to because I have 5 different Munchkin games sitting in my room and I want to play them, but hey, I can wait.

Orzel
2011-01-27, 04:22 PM
First time I played a particular game was at late night in a Dunkin Donuts.

Move the location or wait it out.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-27, 04:25 PM
First ask him if he wants to play, that way you either get your problem immediately solved or get the easiest solution cross-out right off the bat.
The second best would be to a public place in your campus or on another room.

snoopy13a
2011-01-27, 04:26 PM
You should postpone it. Your friend is coming in and likely wants to hang out with you.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-27, 04:30 PM
You should postpone it. Your friend is coming in and likely wants to hang out with you.

I got Friday night and what better way to hang out than with several hours of Munchkin!:smallbiggrin:

Hazkali
2011-01-27, 05:13 PM
If you've already invited the others, I wouldn't postpone unless you absolutely had to. I agree that inviting your friends to play is the best idea. Help them move their things out of (and back to) the living room if they need to.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-27, 07:36 PM
First time I played a particular game was at late night in a Dunkin Donuts.

That joke was so bad it took me literally a few minutes to get it, although, I am planning on serving munchkins as a dessert on Munchkin night so who am I to criticize.

Anxe
2011-01-28, 12:11 AM
Ask him if he wants to use your bed for the night that you play?