PDA

View Full Version : Poison Quasielementals [3.5e]

Dubious Pie
2011-01-27, 06:23 PM
Are there any, or will I will have to homebrew it myself?

Ravens_cry
2011-01-27, 06:29 PM
Are there any, or will I will have to homebrew it myself?

Go for homebrewing. Though I would cry foul if it was in my game. The classical elementals, despite being moleculesals and reactionals, are based on the four main phases of matter: air (gas) water (liquid) earth (solid) and plasma (fire). Poison doesn't really fit into that scheme. You could BASE it off the abilities of the elements, but I wouldn't call it an elemental. Unless your cosmolgy is based on the Platonic ideal forms, in which everything would have an elemental. EVERYTHING.
You could have CHAIR elementals then if you wanted.

Coidzor
2011-01-27, 06:41 PM
Indeed, it's a bit sketchy, but, hey, if there's a Quasi-elemental plane of ale, then it makes sense for there to be a quasi-elemental plane of poison. Since there are para- and quasi- elemental planes, such as Ice and...Ooze and...Smoke?

Poison Golems might be more the alley though.

Qwertystop
2011-01-27, 07:53 PM
You could have CHAIR elementals then if you wanted.

Siggy?

Also, I'd think a Poison elemental would be a Water elemental that was... tainted in some way. Unfortunately, there's no "vaguely disturbed" smily.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-27, 07:58 PM
Siggy?

Be my guest.:smallsmile:

Also, I'd think a Poison elemental would be a Water elemental that was... tainted in some way. Unfortunately, there's no "vaguely disturbed" smily.

I personally use this one to represent the state of being disturbed::smalleek:

Zaq
2011-01-27, 08:11 PM
Make sure that they're weak against psionics. Everyone knows that psychic beats poison.