PDA

View Full Version : I'm making a blood draining warrior class...

TechnOkami
2011-01-27, 06:41 PM
...and I need some abilities to go with it. I already have a system for blood draining w/ melee weapons and a pool of temporal HP created as they drain their enemies, fast healing, and lifesense, but that's it so far.

What other abilities would be good for this kind of a class?

Gelscressor
2011-01-27, 07:10 PM
Assuming you are already using some sort of vampiric hit point drain, you could also try something the lines of vampiric ability point drain or even vampiric level drain. Could quickly get OP though, so there should be some sort of balancing factor (...stacking limitations, less than a 1:1 ratio, no more than x points per day, etcetera).

TechnOkami
2011-01-27, 07:57 PM
I didn't think about ability drain... that would be kinda cool actually. Anything else anyone has in mind?

TechnOkami
2011-01-27, 08:40 PM
...anyone?

Eikonos
2011-01-29, 06:34 AM
Do you have any concepts for this class in your head ?

Begin with imagining a scene where such a characters fights a group of enemies - what abilities would he have, think 3-dimensionally, any preferred race, base class, style of fighting ?? :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2011-01-29, 02:53 PM
Well, to be honest I have stopped production on this class. A little something I learned from one of my GM's which went off to college is basically that if you get exactly what you want in a class, it tends to be really boring. This is in fact what's happening, so I will stop this monster before it gets out of control.

Nanoblack
2011-01-30, 02:58 PM
Don't know how much help this will be but the Sanguimancer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167125)is similar to the idea presented.

Morph Bark
2011-01-30, 05:08 PM
How far did you get with making your class in the end?

If it may be of aid to you, I made the Hemoscribe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176746), which was the Base Class Contest III winner. It could certainly serve a purpose of blood-draining warrior. :smallwink:

TechnOkami
2011-01-30, 06:23 PM
Well, since people still seem to be interested in helping me with this, I have something to say. I was a little vague on my class description, so I'll get the main issue I have out of the way. By "blood draining" I meant life stealing through blood, so the blood warriors attacks would also fuel him with HP, thus allowing him to be a great tank. If there isn't a battle going on and he's at low HP, then he could use lifesense to find small little animals to replenish himself.

...and yeah. That's all I have to say.

Soulblazer87
2011-01-31, 12:53 PM
Well, there's two paths you can go. You can go with life force draining, so it works on almost everything, or you can go with blood draining, as in the material of it.

If you go with blood draining, you can have the character solidify blood for various purposes, such as long range needle attacks or huge-ass spikes from the ground or something. Perhaps you can get an idea from the 'black blood' of Soul Eater. Incidentally, one of the artifacts I've made is Lifedrinker, a sword that drinks blood and then can use it to enhance its attacks, gaining AoE abilities.

If you go with essense absorption, then you are a bit more limited. However, you could have the character absorb memories (a la Speak With The Dead). Maybe even poison people through his blood. Another is the ability to give a bit of his blood to charm/dominate people, as is done in Vampire by White Wolf. Maybe you could even have the character borrow some abilities from the targets, such as a subtype or even template.

TechnOkami
2011-01-31, 05:15 PM
I was going more along the lines of blood draining and using, and I've come up with a few good abilities, but I did take into consideration some things which don't have blood (plants, constructs, etc.) and I've got constructs handled, but not plants, undead, or elementals. ...thoughts?

Nope never mind, I created an ability to do thus. Though I do have a new series of questions:

-what alignment should this class allow one to be?

-I want a capstone ability for this class.... ideas?

-I was thinking of giving him an ability which makes him immune to all diseases and allows him to incubate diseases within his own blood. The problem is that disease takes too much time to make it a feasible ability, so should I give him a special disease that doesn't effect him, but affects his enemies, and at a faster rate?