PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Feats for Gestalt Factotum//Wizard please

fortesama
2011-01-27, 10:18 PM
Name says it all. I've finally settled on this combo. Just some pertinent information:

*Starting level 3
*Party includes:
-Druid//Barbarian. He doesn't care too much for his spells. And has a thing for bears and bear puns. Mainly planning to go bear, summon bears, and charge while riding a bear. It's gets unbearable at times.
-Bard//Barbarian. Trying to get lingering song and focusing on inspire courage and charging. Inspire, linger, then charge.
-Cleric//class mishmash with feral template. Buff up then charge. Traded a domain for travel devotion and has travel domain.
-Fighter//Monk. He was adamant against swordsage. Apparently, managing a maneuver list is still enough to fry his brain based on what happened last time. I tried suggesting stuff that would shift everything to wis. still fried his brain. Considered half-minotaur and feral once until he declared a +14 strength, among other things, as imba.
-Fighter//Ranger. Focusing on range. The setting has guns and she's focusing on that.
*no double caster/invoker/shadowcaster/martial adept on the same level
*no PrCs before level 5.
*no homebrew
*no pathfinder
*all wotc material allowed, 3rd party approved on a case to case basis... except BoEF which is flat out banned.
*no flaws or traits.
*DM's take on LA in gestalt system resulted in a +2 LA being bought out by level 3.
*Exactly who'll join is somewhat random due to our schedules, so no guarantees on who'll appear each session.
*Other than character generation, magic marts will generally be unavailable.

yeah, i have a lot of bashers in the party, so i'm covering the arcanist, skill monkey and overall utility guy. My feat selection by far:

Phrenic Fire Elf Wizard//Factotum
ACF: Eidetic Spellcaster
1: Collegiate Wizard, Elven Wizard substitution level (elven generalist)
3: Font of Inspiration
5: Spontaneous Divination (ACF, trading Wizard 5 Feat)
6->18: Font of Inspiration.

Yeeeah, i'm lacking creativity now. I'm considering swapping out my level 6 feat for mindsight. Maybe going into Fatespinner or something later, preferably PrCs without a feat tax.

Edit: Oh yeah, i'll be the party buffer/disabler. And polymorphing the fighter//monk into a hydra if things get problematic. They already know i have no intention of prepping nukes, much to their dismay.

Hammerhead
2011-01-27, 10:47 PM
Enlarge Spell. For War Weaver. For hilarious party buffery.