PDA

View Full Version : D20 Apocalypse: The End of Days

Micha Sieling
2011-01-27, 11:42 PM
The End of Days

Haven City, June 2020...

Fox News calls it "Riots 2020" in their nightly segments that chronicle the unexplainable acts of violence and insanity that have plagued the mid-sized Western-US garrison city of Haven City, WA, where reports have some of the local population have been 'afflicted' with some sort of illness.

The symptoms? Increased irritation of the site of infection. Fever runs high, the infected become drawn and clammy, slow and drowsy. Then it kills them. Or appears to kill them, because not half an hour after people were found to be "dead", they were up and about, attacking those who they called friends and family, turning on their loved ones.

The Military was fast to quarantine the mainland portion of the city, and the Navy maintains patrol around the island quarters of Haven Bay. The USMC garrison Haven City was famous for now acted as the HQ for the city's new martial rulers. In the early days of the outbreak, no comment was made as to the nature or cause of the virus, but since then, television critics and conspiracy theorists have claimed that it is the result of a failed experiment the military was conducting in the recent arms race with the Middle-Eastern powers.

Yet others claim a sort of "T-Virus", a "Zombie Apocalypse" straight out of a George Romero movie, and off the pages of popular fiction "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks - the sales of which have gone up by 900% in Washington state Chapters locations.

No matter what the cause is, the local population remains isolated in the city while the military "deals with the current situation by taking the most correct steps to prevent further spread of this unknown virus - likely the cause of bioterrorism". How like them to blame the evil extremist dictators.

Our game starts at Checkpoint N3A, along the N/S interstate bridge at the Northern end of the Haven City linking the main city's downtown core to the first of several islands located within the bay, each housing it's own quarter of the city. CP N3A is under the command of Major Luminecki, Officer Commanding of Charlie squadron - the training squadron - of the USMC's Reconnaissance School in Fort Haven. 92 hours have passed since the first "riot" started when one man was shot after having attacked and bitten a couple on the #17 bus during it's 21:20 route between the 24-hour clinic and West Common - a rather shady area of town - by local police.

Since then, similar stories have come reported from other locations in town, most notably at a local club when as many as fifteen persons were reportedly scratched, bitten and otherwise attacked when a 'bad-tripping barhopper' brutalized patrons in the VIP section of "Liquid".

When the Base Commander, General Erik Steves, was made privy of the recent outburst in violent behaviors in Haven City, martial law was declared, and all roads in and out were barricaded, any travelers 'just passing through' have been directed to detour around the town entirely, no one allowed in - or out.

Naturally, this has caused concern in the surrounding counties near Haven City, and pleas for contact with families living in the troubled town have gone unheard.

You are at CP N3A, the road is filled with vehicles full of frightened families, and stacked with luggage as people try to put their lives into two suitcases so they can leave their old homes and lives behind in the islands with all the madness, but the military won't allow anyone farther into mainland US.

A concertina wire road-block manned and guarded by 1 troop, C sqn, is stopping all traffic out, and only military vehicles have been allowed into Haven City. 1 Tp is augmented with a troop of four Canadian Forces Armoured Recce 'Coyote' LAV25's from the regiment LdSH(RC)'s Delta Squadron, originally from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, but present on an International Training Exercise, with elements from Australia and Sweden as well. Modular tents have been put up within the wire-barricaded confines of the Checkpoint, serving as housing for non-infected civilians and soldiers alike. The four Coyotes guard the entrance, hulls down in the ditches on their eight fat tires, the turrets - housing the powerful 25mm Bushmaster Chain Gun - clearing the crests and pointed down the road. Other vehicles, such as Humvees and G-Wagons, help form the roadblocks where vehicles are searched for contraband, and people searched for infection before being let in to the refugee camp.

Word has it a squadron of M1A1 Abrams tanks is guarding the island-quarter of Fort Haven.

It is currently 17:30, On the fourth day since the first "riot". CP N3A is currently serving food for those inside the camp, and those still going through the initial search are anxious to get in and get some grub, as are the soldiers manning the gates and roadblock.

OOC:

Okay, so here we are. I have PM'd all of you about what you're doing currently, and what you percieve about what's around you. After we get everyone going in the game, we'll start with the apocalypse, but I'll give you all this day to check out and become familiar with your surroundings.

I want everyone to always have a spot and listen check posted in a spoiler in their first posts after I update the game. Note, only do this the first time you post after I've updated, other than that, like reacting and dialogue, doesn't need another set of checks, and any further ones that I need to do passively I'll do in private, thanks.

EDIT: All your other kit is stored in a footlocker or kitbag under your cot in a tent. It is deemed secure for now. The firetruck is parked along with other civilian vehicles in a large field within the city limits, but not in the camp itself.

Elvenoutrider
2011-01-28, 02:32 AM
Wolfgang: more detailed descrition:

In front of you, towering over the crowd of people waiting in line for food, stands one of the llargest men you have ever seen, at last 6 foot 8, with arms as thick at your head. But wha draws your attention isnt his size rather, but his attire. He wears long white robes normally worn by a a priest, however the crosses he is adorned ith are not the typical christian crosses, but rather the image of a flaming sword pointing downward, its handle expended at the top to resemble a cross, a bright cat like eye centered on the handle. His head is bald though he is growing a thick black beard. his skin is mostly covered by the robes but when his sleave moves to reveal the skin of his arm you can see that his skin appears to be one solid tatoo. In his left hand he takes a plate of the food that the army has left out for the refugees, in his right, he holds a book under his arm that it looks like it could be hundreds of years old, a pitch black leather tome, with the same image on the cover that appears on his robes. Its title and insignia are in latin. Holstered at his side, is a four foot long blade. l

Wolfgamg takes his plate and lets out a huff, strolls over and sits at the head of the table, Places his food out, thena bruptly stands back up with his right hand on his book.

"Saint michael, purger of the blasphemes, grand general of the armies of light and redemption, I thank you for the gift of sustenance to aid us in the trials ahead. I ask for your continued aid int he trials that are ahead. I pray for you to remove the doubts from our minds, frailties from our bodies, and steady our sword arms. Prepare us saint michael for the judgement ahead. AMEN!!!"

Wolfgang promptly sits back down and eats his food as quickly as he can, the less time it spends in his mouth, the better.

((Where is my other equipment stored?))

radmelon
2011-01-28, 10:09 AM
Simon Delphinius:
The man sitting mutely in front of you is rather non-descript, with short, shaggy blonde hair and a small beard. He wears what appears to be a hospital uniform with a cadaceus on the shoulder. In addition, he has a green fishing hat perched of top of his head.

Simon picks at his food. He seems rather shaken by recent events, and his hand constantly goes to his side, where a large pistol can be seen in a holster.

razovor
2011-01-28, 07:31 PM
Desmond Watts
Desmond is a rather tall man, 6"4' with dark brown hair. He wears a light brown cow-boy hat, with a fully- zipped soft leather jacket and jeans. For footwear he wears hard leather boots, large and hard-wearing. A large backpack is mounted on his back.

Desmond shuffles awkwardly in the queue, wandering what has drawn so many soldiers to the area. The tales of walking dead are obviously lies, anyone with a bit of smarts should be able to see that.

Desmond looks over to his wife. Her brilliant golden hair shining despite her fever. The conditions of the fever seem a little odd, but Desmond is no medical man, and trusts it's just a normal infection. We've both suffered worse from snakes out in the desert.

The line slowly advances forward, bringing Desmond face to face with an Australian soldier...

Mangles
2011-01-29, 07:06 AM
A soldier stands like many of his platoon here. Camo clothing blending in with all the others to those who can't see past it. To those that can he seems more at ease. Relaxed almost, like this is a normal day at the office. He laughs and jokes with the man near him, seemingly oblivious to the situation as they share a smoke.

At the god botherer's outburst, Darian pauses his conversation and looks at the crowd with mild concern. He continues speaking with Micha. "You know I don't like that all these civis are armed. If rioting starts I'd rather those with training to keep a cool head have the weapons." He smirks to and winks at Micha. Not that your sepos could ever keep a cool head.

Micha Sieling
2011-01-31, 04:39 PM
[Updating]
[Please wait for Edit]

Elvenoutrider
2011-02-04, 02:55 PM
((im confused r we still supposed to be waiting or ru expecting us to continue))

((nyways i forgot about my spoilered spot and listen checks so here goes))

1d20 and 1d20 for spot and listen respectively

Elvenoutrider
2011-02-04, 02:56 PM
((always **** this up))

[roll0] and [roll1]