PDA

View Full Version : More Exalted 2e Questions

Welknair
2011-01-28, 09:47 AM
Hello again! I got myself some more Exalted books and had some questions on them that I hope you can help me with.

1. How much Essence do Abyssals get from already dead corpses? Since the amount is based on health levels and said corpse obviously lost all of theirs, how would you determine how much they got? The book explicitly said that they can still get Essence if the body died at most a minute ago...

2. The Alchemical anima powers seem a bit strong, namely with the "Automatically activates when anima is at 11+" clause. I know in the errata they fixed the Twilight's power which had that problem by reducing the power of the effect when it automatically activates. I can't find errata on Alchemicals, however.

3. Are the Merits and Flaws found in the Scroll of Heroes suitable to most characters? (Obviously some wouldn't work, but in general)

Thanks!

Reynard
2011-01-28, 10:00 AM
Hello again! I got myself some more Exalted books and had some questions on them that I hope you can help me with.

1. How much Essence do Abyssals get from already dead corpses? Since the amount is based on health levels and said corpse obviously lost all of theirs, how would you determine how much they got? The book explicitly said that they can still get Essence if the body died at most a minute ago...
I think they roll as normal, just don't need to bother with actually hitting.

2. The Alchemical anima powers seem a bit strong, namely with the "Automatically activates when anima is at 11+" clause. I know in the errata they fixed the Twilight's power which had that problem by reducing the power of the effect when it automatically activates. I can't find errata on Alchemicals, however.
Alchemicals can't really be compared to other Exalts in the way they work, as they're so very different. While the powers may seem over the top, they really aren't, if you take into account how limited they are in both Charms and Motes.
3. Are the Merits and Flaws found in the Scroll of Heroes suitable to most characters? (Obviously some wouldn't work, but in general
Merits and Flaws, if allowed at all, should be carefully regulated by the ST. There are many that are broken, stupid, and either too crippling (in Flaws, which isn't that much of an issue), or way too powerful (The Merit that removes the +/- 3 cap on Appearance in Social Combat.)

Welknair
2011-01-28, 06:28 PM
So if an Abyssal happened upon a fresh corpse of a healthy adult non-extra, they could get a full 7+Stamina from it? But if they were fighting someone who had already been injured, they couldn't get the full amount because said victim had already lost health levels, and thus wouldn't have a full 7+Stamina to give? :smallconfused:

(Thanks for the help)

Oh, and the Alchemicals book mentions several additional styles not found either there, or in the Scroll of the Monk. Are those just fluff, or do they exist somewhere?

Reynard
2011-01-28, 06:44 PM
So if an Abyssal happened upon a fresh corpse of a healthy adult non-extra, they could get a full 7+Stamina from it? But if they were fighting someone who had already been injured, they couldn't get the full amount because said victim had already lost health levels, and thus wouldn't have a full 7+Stamina to give? :smallconfused:
No, they get motes back equivalent to what they deal, regardless of how much their opponent can take.

Oh, and the Alchemicals book mentions several additional styles not found either there, or in the Scroll of the Monk. Are those just fluff, or do they exist somewhere?
Fluff, mostly, though I think some of them have been made by Homebrewers such as TDO and Revlid. They're all up on the Wiki if they are.

Welknair
2011-01-28, 07:04 PM
It says "For every level of lethal damage inflicted, the Abyssal regains one mote of essence. This includes the Dying levels of non-extras, increasing the maximum motes gained by eating a healthy adult to (7+Stamina) instead of three for extras..."

The "7+Stamina" clause certainly makes it seem like the limit is based upon how much they can take...

Reynard
2011-01-28, 07:11 PM
It says "For every level of lethal damage inflicted, the Abyssal regains one mote of essence. This includes the Dying levels of non-extras, increasing the maximum motes gained by eating a healthy adult to (7+Stamina) instead of three for extras..."

The "7+Stamina" clause certainly makes it seem like the limit is based upon how much they can take...

Ah, sorry, I mean up to that limit. I thought you were talking about the subjects remaining health levels.

Welknair
2011-01-28, 07:51 PM
So an Abyssal can always get a maximum Health Levels' worth of Essence from any target, regardless of current damage? That's what I was missing.

Thanks for the help!

Welknair
2011-01-28, 10:20 PM
Just remembered. In the Alchemicals book, they describe a whole slew of new gear. The Beamklave and other variants have the ability to disintegrate weapons that block them, even if they wouldn't block successfully. They reference parry rolls, where if there is at least one success then the weapons are said to have connected, whether or not the parry would be successful. My problem is that parry rolls were removed in 2e. So... what? :smallconfused: