PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for Electric Swamp-Dwellers

Scorpions__
2011-01-28, 02:39 PM
Running a dungeon tomorrow, where the PCs are headed out to slay a Behir, a Behir that lives on the edge of a swamp that the PCs have to trek through.

So, I'm looking for any electrical minions I could use, things like shocker lizards, hopefully all under the challenge rating of the Behir -- 8.

Homebrew is acceptable.

If someone could find an electric lizardfolk statted out somewhere they'd be my hero.

Thanks in advance,

DM[F]R

Diarmuid
2011-01-28, 02:45 PM
If you're using shocker lizards...you cant help but throw at least one Shambling Mound in there. Hilarity ensues.

Hammerhead
2011-01-28, 02:52 PM
Would tacking 10 electric resistance and 1d8 electric damage onto a monster's attacks go against the spirit of the thing?

Scorpions__
2011-01-28, 02:56 PM
Would tacking 10 electric resistance and 1d8 electric damage onto a monster's attacks go against the spirit of the thing?

Well, I prefer more dynamic monsters myself, but I'll probably end up doing that if nothing comes up here.

Shambling mound sounds like a lot of fun, thank-you...

DM[F]R

Chilingsworth
2011-01-28, 03:10 PM
How about adding the half-dragon (blue) template onto things, including lizardfolk if you're so inclined.

Callos_DeTerran
2011-01-28, 03:40 PM
Running a dungeon tomorrow, where the PCs are headed out to slay a Behir, a Behir that lives on the edge of a swamp that the PCs have to trek through.

So, I'm looking for any electrical minions I could use, things like shocker lizards, hopefully all under the challenge rating of the Behir -- 8.

Homebrew is acceptable.

If someone could find an electric lizardfolk statted out somewhere they'd be my hero.

Thanks in advance,

DM[F]R

Hmm...there's the the one Bluespawn of Tiamat in MM4. Not the Godslayer, the other one. They usually prefer deserts but hey? What can you do? Also, half-blue dragon lizardfolk solve your electric lizardfolk problem quite nicely. Hmmm...other then that...nothing comes to mind that's weaker then a Behir.

Waker
2011-01-28, 03:56 PM
You could add in Kuo-Toa. Whenever a group of the clerics get together they can generate lightning bolts. Just say that it's a saltwater swamp.

Scorpions__
2011-01-28, 04:15 PM
You could add in Kuo-Toa. Whenever a group of the clerics get together they can generate lightning bolts. Just say that it's a saltwater swamp.

Beautiful, forgot about that little quirk, love that about D&D.

--

I think I shall be using half-dragon lizardfolk...

DM[F]R

Vulaas
2011-01-28, 04:29 PM
Will-O'-Wisp are also a great option for electric swamp dwellers. Really nasty, too, if PCs aren't prepared.

Vknight
2011-01-28, 07:03 PM
Don't forget everyone's favorite.
Gelantinous Cube, Half-Dragon (Blue)

AslanCross
2011-01-28, 10:17 PM
The electric froghemoth from Pathfinder. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/froghemoth/electric)

Vknight
2011-01-28, 10:26 PM
Now that is just silly

AslanCross
2011-01-28, 10:47 PM
Now that is just silly

But awesome. No more silly than flying lizards, oversized people, or owlbears.