PDA

View Full Version : Just a question...

MoonCat
2011-01-28, 03:28 PM
I also participate in the OoTS forums here as well as random banter, and can't help but wonder. To all the people who don't post in the OoTS, do you read the comic? I'm just wondering if some people go here without reading what is now (I think) the main part of the website?

Hazkali
2011-01-28, 03:32 PM
I don't regularly read or post in the OotS subforum, but I do read the webcomic. I don't really get much out of the speculation/theorising that goes on there.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-28, 03:36 PM
I don't post in OotS but I do follow the comic. :smallsmile:

It's hilarious, epic and it would be terrible if somebody her didn't read it.

Terrible.

Extra-super-terrible in fact. :smalleek::smalltongue:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2011-01-28, 03:42 PM
I do read the comic. I don't post in the forum because I don't really have anything relevant to contribute.

Crow
2011-01-28, 03:51 PM
I don't read the comic anymore. I liked the earlier comics, but stopped reading when they started becoming too "wordy" (entirely opinion, your milage may vary). I check them out when somebody posts a link to one that references something being discussed in a thread though.

Telonius
2011-01-28, 03:54 PM
I post in the forums daily, and check the webcomic once in a while to see if it's updated.

Icewalker
2011-01-28, 03:56 PM
Read consistently. I was in the OOTS forums for a while way back when, but stopped, it's a bit more intense of a section than some others, and it moves a little too fast for me to keep up comfortably.

Savannah
2011-01-28, 04:01 PM
I read the comic but don't post in the OotS subfourm, other than in the MitD thread, because I don't find the most of the threads there very interesting.

Sipex
2011-01-28, 04:15 PM
Same as most here, read comic but don't post in the subforum.

Spiryt
2011-01-28, 04:30 PM
I don't read the comic anymore. I liked the earlier comics, but stopped reading when they started becoming too "wordy" (entirely opinion, your milage may vary). I check them out when somebody posts a link to one that references something being discussed in a thread though.

Similarly here, I liked the comic very much, but I stopped reading around ~700 I think....

Now it became 'just' a comic with kind of setting and action I don't particularly care about.

I can't force myself to catch up, even if I have time.

The bright side, if I finally will, I will have some good time, instead of 1 minute of reading ---- waiting few days for another 1 minute. :smallwink:

Blue Ghost
2011-01-28, 04:31 PM
I read the comic, but I do not consider it the main part of the Website. I came for the comic, stayed for the most wonderful Internet forum on earth. :smallsmile:

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-28, 04:35 PM
I read the comic. I only ever post in the OotS subforum if it's in the New Comic thread. And even then, that's quite rare.

hobbitkniver
2011-01-28, 04:43 PM
I don't know, it's sorta losing me. I still read it as soon as I see it out, but I don't read the forum page for it or post about it.

Prime32
2011-01-28, 04:45 PM
I read the section before I had an account, but I tire of seeing the same three threads over and over again.

Mauve Shirt
2011-01-28, 04:54 PM
Originally signed up to post there, now I only go there when I think I have something to say.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-28, 04:58 PM
I read the comic, but I do not consider it the main part of the Website. I came for the comic, stayed for the most wonderful Internet forum on earth. :smallsmile:

Now I feel horrible for not thinking that. :smallfrown:

I came here for the comic ad stayed for the forum as well, it really is teh bets there is. :smallsmile:

Danne
2011-01-28, 05:52 PM
Read consistently. I was in the OOTS forums for a while way back when, but stopped, it's a bit more intense of a section than some others, and it moves a little too fast for me to keep up comfortably.

Same here. The OotS forum is kind of much on the drama. I used to post there regularly, but I got sick of people arguing over the morals of the comic. Those debates just really got too intense for me. :smallsigh:

I do still read the comic, though. :smallsmile: One of my favorite webcomics ever.

Lillith
2011-01-28, 07:29 PM
Don't read the comic, never have. I came her for the forum atmosphere and a bunch of the subforums. :smallredface: Just happened to find it by coincidence.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-28, 09:13 PM
I came here for the forums, saw there was a webcomic read it, liked it and stayed on both.

Though I never even enter the OoTS section of the board, the discussion there is pretty repetitive and most speculation has been done before... several times.

Melayl
2011-01-28, 09:35 PM
The comic is what brought me here. I fell in love with the forums as well. I read the comic every time it updates, but I don't know that I've ever posted in the OoTS threads. I've never had any meaningful contribution to the few threads I've read.

Wait, I did post in one, about the favorite quote, I think...

Lady Moreta
2011-01-28, 09:41 PM
I read the comic... and oooh, a new one :smallbiggrin:

My husband got me reading the comic, and I was here for a couple of years before I ever joined the forums. But he would mention things that happened here from time to time and I started browsing threads when I got bored at work. Then I finally joined late last year. Now I'm more active here than he is and he's still got about three comics to read to catch up :smalltongue:

I don't post in the OoTS forum though... the threads just tend to take off way too fast and I can't be bothered wading through all the posts to get to the end only to find that everyone else has already said what I would say. I read the comic and enjoy it, but I don't quite have that fanatic level of 'must disect everything' that seems to crop up there.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, there's a new comic I haven't read yet!

arguskos
2011-01-28, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I read it, but not cause I really like it that much. I used to enjoy it, years ago, but the comic just lost my attention and interest over time. Now, I read it because its there.

Came for the forum, stayed for the forum, basically.

wxdruid
2011-01-28, 10:28 PM
I was introduced to OOTS when I was deployed in 2005, lurked in the forums for a while and then made an account. I mostly post in the Games areas.

An Enemy Spy
2011-01-28, 10:32 PM
Why would I even be on this website if it weren't for OOTS? It would be like going to a horse track to do bird watching.

Thufir
2011-01-28, 10:43 PM
I read the comic quite enthusiastically. Occasionally curiosity gets the better of me and I look in the OotS subforum. But I try not to post there, lest I end up doing this (http://www.xkcd.com/386/).

ForzaFiori
2011-01-28, 11:41 PM
I don't post on the forum for the comic, but I read it religiously. I never really have anything to contribute to the forum, and I'd rather wait and see what Rich has planned for the story rather than constantly debate about it.

MoonCat
2011-01-28, 11:58 PM
Why would I even be on this website if it weren't for OOTS? It would be like going to a horse track to do bird watching.

I was wondering if anyone did do that, as I have similar sentiments, but it appears there are people who stick to what the website was created for years ago.

Cealocanth
2011-01-29, 12:12 AM
I read the comic, I just choose not to comment on it because it has a tendency to lead to infractions for me. I wouldn't be a OOTS avatarist or have friends from all over the state requesting OOTS style avatars if it wasn't for the comic. Heck, I wouldn't even know about the playground it it wasn't for OOTS.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-29, 01:24 AM
I love the comic, myself. Can't imagine not reading it. >.>

Never post in the subforum, though.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-29, 02:03 AM
I occasionally post in the Current Strip Discussion thread to leave a comment if I really liked the strip or have something to contribute. Other than that, I rarely ever visit the OOTS Subforum. I always read the comic, but I don't find most of the discussions appealing, or else I do but have nothing to add.

I was wondering if anyone did do that, as I have similar sentiments, but it appears there are people who stick to what the website was created for years ago.

I think a few people have told me they frequent the forum and don't read the comic. Can't recall who, though.

MoelVermillion
2011-01-29, 02:06 AM
Yeah I'm another one of those people who read the comic but don't post in the sub forum. I found that anything I wanted to say about the comic had usually already been said by the time I get there so I wasn't adding anything by posting.

Remmirath
2011-01-29, 03:02 PM
I do certainly read the comic and enjoy it, but for whatever reason I've never seen much point in posting in threads about comics. So I don't. I do go in there every now and then and see if there's anything I think is interesting, but there usually isn't.

Worira
2011-01-30, 02:25 AM
Read forums. Used to read comics. Don't now.

weeping eagle
2011-01-30, 02:55 AM
I don't read the comic anymore. I liked the earlier comics, but stopped reading when they started becoming too "wordy" (entirely opinion, your milage may vary). I check them out when somebody posts a link to one that references something being discussed in a thread though.Off-topic, but I recognize you from the SA forums years ago. Small world!

grimbold
2011-01-30, 07:18 AM
I don't post in OotS but I do follow the comic. :smallsmile:

It's hilarious, epic and it would be terrible if somebody her didn't read it.

Terrible.

Extra-super-terrible in fact. :smalleek::smalltongue:

i love the last bit
i rarely post in the Oots forums only after a Major Eent in the OoTS world

Crow
2011-01-30, 08:15 AM
Off-topic, but I recognize you from the SA forums years ago. Small world!

SA forums? I'm having trouble remembering what SA stands for...

Innis Cabal
2011-01-30, 09:04 AM
It stands for Something Awful.

Crow
2011-01-30, 09:37 AM
Ah, that wasn't me then.

Obrysii
2011-01-30, 10:13 AM
I read the comics and buy the books when I can.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-01-30, 11:19 AM
I read the comic because it's there. If it weren't, I'd still be around, because I'm here for the community and the forums, mainly.

ghost_warlock
2011-01-31, 04:16 PM
I read the comic, it's really the only one out of about a dozen webcomics I read that I'm current with these days. I rarely post in the subforum, though.

Strawberries
2011-01-31, 04:27 PM
Yeah I'm another one of those people who read the comic but don't post in the sub forum. I found that anything I wanted to say about the comic had usually already been said by the time I get there so I wasn't adding anything by posting.

That describes me too. To be honest, I post mostly in the Play by Post subforum, with some raids to Random Banter from time to time :smallwink:.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2011-01-31, 05:14 PM
I only post in the OotS subforum to talk about how Tsukiko's desire for undead lovin' is totally normal, understandable, and not a big deal with a side of thinly-veiled, decidedly personal candor about my love affair with a mummy during the 1980s.

Lex-Kat
2011-01-31, 10:49 PM
Found the comic in Dragon Magazine, once it died, thankfully found this wonderful sight. Thank you Mr. Burlew.

Stayed for the comic, buy the books, rarely post in the OotS subforum, play mostly SMBG/WW games, but still read the comic.

Yardo
2011-02-01, 10:49 AM
I read the comic, don't post in the forum though. Don't post much anyway, as you can see.