PDA

View Full Version : Wild Shape and Hit Points [3.5]

cowsay
2011-01-28, 04:54 PM
Getting out of the way the fact that I am a numbskull . . . .

The SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/druid.htm) says "Each time you use wild shape, you regain lost hit points as if you had rested for a night."

When does this happen?
A--every time your form changes
B--when you take a form that is not your natural form
C--when you return to your natural form
D--other

Keld Denar
2011-01-28, 05:02 PM
Basically, every time you expend a usage of wildshapes/day. Reverting to your natural form doesn't use a usage. Note: You don't have to revert to your natural form before turning into something else. You can go right from bear to cat form, which would use a WS/day, and would thus heal you.

Volos
2011-01-28, 05:23 PM
And hit points as if you rested for a night are equal to your level plus your Con modifier. So does it use your old or your new con modifer? I assume old, since the Con of Wildshape doesn't change your hitpoints when you change forms.

KillianHawkeye
2011-01-28, 07:11 PM
And hit points as if you rested for a night are equal to your level plus your Con modifier. So does it use your old or your new con modifer? I assume old, since the Con of Wildshape doesn't change your hitpoints when you change forms.

Actually, you only regain hit points equal to your character level. Your Con mod has nothing to do with natural healing.

isotunknown
2011-01-29, 12:06 AM
Actually, you only regain hit points equal to your character level. Your Con mod has nothing to do with natural healing.

That's right, but you'd earn more if you were under effects such as Healthful Rest.