PDA

View Full Version : THE most amazing miniatures line I've ever seen

Ozreth
2011-01-29, 01:21 AM
http://darkswordminiatures.com/

Just thought I'd share this with everybody. Blows my mind.

Also, is this allowed?

starwoof
2011-01-29, 01:33 AM
Man I hope so, cause some of those are seriously awesome. Woah! There's like a slug wizard there or something! I'm making myself an avatar of that RIGHT NOW.

Loki Eremes
2011-01-29, 01:33 AM
Being a Warhammer 40k player and having almost 3 years playing D&D ive never seen so detailed miniatures.

Im not being exaggerated. Part of the problem is, maybe, that in my country there no a giant varienty of miniatures for this games and are somehow "dark" and difficult to find.

In this 3 years ive been playing D&D ive searched for an 2 scimitar/sword wielding drow, and that on the website made my day.

Appart from that one, the Gandalf look like one although is unpainted, looks amazing, and gotta love the mouse witch and rogue rat.

and well....the little red swash hood....boobies.... :smallbiggrin:

Ozreth
2011-01-29, 01:36 AM
Glad you guys are as stoked on these as I am. After doing some reading around their site it looks like a lot of the miniatures are based off of Larry Elmores art (early dragonlance, FR, and everquest 1).

There is also a line of George R.R. Martin miniatures : )

AslanCross
2011-01-29, 01:37 AM
Those look fantastic. Are they bigger than D&D scale ones? I'd think they are, to have that kind of detail.

starwoof
2011-01-29, 01:38 AM
My only critique is that the heads on the animal people are a bit large, but that's probably some sort of style choice. Otherwise these are rad as all get out.

And there's a slug wizard.

Loki Eremes
2011-01-29, 02:03 AM
Those look fantastic. Are they bigger than D&D scale ones? I'd think they are, to have that kind of detail.

they have great level of detail one the body and clothes, but thats not the case of the faces.
They re still great, but that problem with factions always appear on a very little sculpture, i think its not easy and it repeats always.

Im talking about slightly bigger eyes, mouths and noses.

http://darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebsite_html/gallery/e_1167_ElvenPrincess.htm

Warhammer Sisters of Battle

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1250049_99060108013_WHSoBSistersmain_873x627.jpg

Thats why I think the scale is (if not the same) very similar.

dsmiles
2011-01-29, 09:50 AM
http://darkswordminiatures.com/
Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Also, is this allowed?I'm not quit sure what you're asking. As long as a mini is in the 25mm - 30mm scale range, I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. (Unless your DM is an ass and says, "DnD brand minis only." Hell, I use Warmachine minis, Warhammer minis, and Reaper DHLs. WM's are 30mm scale, WH and some of the DHLs are 28mm, and the rest are 25mm.

valadil
2011-01-29, 10:52 AM
Also, is this allowed?

Even if it's not, I'm glad you posted :-)

Amnestic
2011-01-29, 10:57 AM
I'm not quit sure what you're asking.

I interpreted it as "Am I allowed to post this?" as it could potentially be seen as an advert/plug for another site, and some forums have issues with such things.

kme
2011-01-29, 11:40 AM
My only critique is that the heads on the animal people are a bit large, but that's probably some sort of style choice. Otherwise these are rad as all get out.

And there's a slug wizard.

What!? You managed to create and set your avatar in five minutes!!

MammonAzrael
2011-01-29, 11:47 AM
Truly remarkable. I rarely play with minis, but these are superb. Thanks! :smallsmile:

Greenish
2011-01-29, 01:23 PM
Also, is this allowed?
Relevant bits of forum rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1):
Commercial (For-Profit) Advertising
Posting advertisements for commercial products, services, or events will result in an immediate ban, and all advertisements removed. Note that a suggestion of a product in the course of a related discussion is not considered advertising (unless the poster holds a personal stake in the finances of the company suggested). For example, if you are posting to a thread regarding d20 rules for shipboard combat, feel free to point other posters to a sourcebook on the topic. You can even link to the company that publishes it—as long as you do not work for that company. But do not start a thread whose sole purpose is to trumpet Book X and declare its greatness to the population at large.

(Exception: Representatives of Giant in the Playground and/or its licensees and distributors are permitted to make posts advertising services and products related directly to Giant in the Playground. They are not permitted to make posts advertising other services they might provide.)

If you wish to advertise a non-commercial website, please refer to rules regarding advertising.

Thefurmonger
2011-01-29, 01:26 PM
What!? You managed to create and set your avatar in five minutes!!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...... Wow.

Remmirath
2011-01-29, 03:00 PM
Those are pretty awesome looking. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I look for more figures. Thanks for pointing that out. :smallbiggrin: