PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] DRAGONBORN DRAGON RIDER!!! Small DragonBorn + Dragon Cohort Mount!!!!!!!

Dr Pavo
2011-01-29, 01:19 PM
So here's the deal... i'm playing a fighter kensai... i always wanted a dragon mount.. so i thought why not.. so here's the thing... how do i get one???
I thought at first that with the leadership feat i could get it right away as a cohort... but i can only recluit a lvl 6 since i'm only lvl 8... THEN i went trough the pages of the draconomicon and found a couple feats that may come in handy.
DRAGON COHORT (taken at lvl 9): " you can gain a cohort selected from table 3-14: Dragon Cohorts (pag 139), just as if you would by selecteing the leadership feat. How ever you may treat the dragon's effective character level as if it were 3 leves lower than indicated."
For example: A silver dragon wyrmling is ECL 11. so i could get one as a lvl 8, So: If i choose that feat at lvl 9, i may only get the silver dragon wyrmling at lvl 10 right? since the leadership feat just allow me to get a 2 levels lower than my character is... So if i get Improved Cohort, i could get it at level 9????
And finally.... IF i choose to be a halfling or some small creature may i be able to use it as a mount??
Plz i will be really glad if anyone could help me.. telling me if i'm right.. or any other solution you may have... thxs a lot!

Urpriest
2011-01-29, 01:23 PM
All of that works fine. Improved Cohort might be a little overkill, but if you really want it at level 9 that would do it.

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-29, 01:26 PM
Correct, it counts as ECL 8 so you can only get it at level 10.

I don't know what Improved Cohort does so I can't comment.

Buy an exotic saddle and your good to go.

Dr Pavo
2011-01-29, 01:47 PM
awesome.. thxs a lot guys