PDA

View Full Version : Help with old thread

MoonCat
2011-01-29, 02:52 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96672&highlight=smilies) is a really great and useful thread.

However, it is old. I'd like to post on it, and I think it would be useful to reupdate now that there are new characters and such. I PMed a mod and they never responded, so I'm bringing it here. Is there a way it could be posted on without necromancy?

Asthix
2011-01-29, 08:49 PM
I kept using the search function to find it but eventually just bookmarked the thread so its always available in my browser.

What about asking Fawkes to edit more smilies into his 1st post? You don't necessarily have to post in the thread to get Fawkes to add them. But as always, wait for mod input. I may be off base with that suggestion.

MoonCat
2011-01-29, 08:50 PM
Well, I'd more like to ask for new ones...

Roland St. Jude
2011-01-29, 09:23 PM
Sheriff: You have exactly the right idea. To post to the thread would be prohibited thread necromancy. Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis by the moderator(s) responsible for that subforum. PM one or more of them and await a response. Realize that all moderators are volunteers with varying schedules and workloads, but if you don't hear back in some amount of time that seems to you like something must have gotten lost in the mail, try again. There are three moderators for the OotS section - SMEE, kpenguin, and Mark Hall.

Rawhide
2011-01-29, 09:29 PM
Also keep in mind whether that guy, Fawkes, wants to continue maintaining it. If he has vanished or is no longer interested, it might be better for someone else to recreate it.