PDA

View Full Version : AD&D Druid now with tasty Vampire flavoring...

klemdakherzbag
2011-01-30, 12:24 AM
So a funny thing happened to me the other night at the gaming table, specifically my level 7th Druid (AD&D remember) was turned into a Vamp. Using the Van Richten's Guide to Vampire's and at my DM's insistence that it would make for even better roleplay I decided to roll with it. Now my query, is there any way - outside DM intervention- to either remove some or all of the vampirism without totally destroying my current character?

umbrapolaris
2011-01-30, 12:43 AM
So a funny thing happened to me the other night at the gaming table, specifically my level 7th Druid (AD&D remember) was turned into a Vamp. Using the Van Richten's Guide to Vampire's and at my DM's insistence that it would make for even better roleplay I decided to roll with it. Now my query, is there any way - outside DM intervention- to either remove some or all of the vampirism without totally destroying my current character?

vampire rulz ! why would you want to get rid of it, and all vampire are not evil; specially in van richten guide of vampires; when you can gain salient abilities from your age.

Lurkmoar
2011-01-30, 12:49 AM

Off the top of my head... Wish. Limited Wish if you really stretch it. Other than that... die, then get resurrected. But since it looks like you're in Ravenloft...

That's just off the top of my head.

klemdakherzbag
2011-01-30, 02:53 AM
Actually no we are not in Ravenloft (damn that place to the nine hells and back), yet.... But trying to reconcile being a Druid and Vampire is going to make for some hopefully tasty plot hooks. Van Richten's (and Ravenloft in general) just happens to be one of the DM's favorite books to pull ideas from

Honestly I dont mind the vampirism, especially since i was human i can dual-class to ranger and potentially pick vampire as a 'favored enemy'. I did retain my inherent goodness, only shifting from NG to CG, plus gaining the standard Fledgling stat bonuses but only a select few of the salient abilities. Even just getting rid of the sunlight restriction would be enough, sounds like a job for Wish (le sigh)

Lurkmoar
2011-01-30, 04:42 AM
Wait... don't 2nd Edition druids have to maintain some neutrality? o_o

umbrapolaris
2011-01-30, 05:48 AM
Wait... don't 2nd Edition druids have to maintain some neutrality? o_o

now that you said that... you are right ! maybe an houserule.

klemdakherzbag
2011-01-30, 09:53 AM
under strict rules you are not allowed to even have a vampire character, as soon as it rises you are to hand over your character sheet.... so yeah houserule

dsmiles
2011-01-30, 09:56 AM
Personally, as a druid, I would see undead as an abomination and an affront to nature, and would seek to cure myself as soon as possible. Just my opinion, though.

umbrapolaris
2011-01-30, 10:00 AM
under strict rules you are not allowed to even have a vampire character, as soon as it rises you are to hand over your character sheet.... so yeah houserule

in ravenloft you can be an undead character. you have a supplement for it, it is why i loved ravenloft.

klemdakherzbag
2011-01-30, 11:49 AM
aye, but we are not in Ravenloft yet, still in the Forgotten Realms

As for being an unnatural abomination, yes that is the character's thinking but also he is enjoying being more physically imposing as well. Thats why the thinking of going all 'Blade' and becoming a vampire hunter while looking for a cure or a mitigation. At any rate, should be a fun character to play out

umbrapolaris
2011-01-30, 11:57 AM
aye, but we are not in Ravenloft yet, still in the Forgotten Realms

everything can be absorbed in Ravenloft, it act as an evil blackhole; with just an easy houserule allowing you to come back in your crystal sphere (Toril) you can create an effective vampire character with "true" rules giving you undead powers depending of your level.