PDA

View Full Version : Shugenja equipment [3.5]

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-30, 09:10 AM
What equipment should I buy for my Shugenja?
He's level 16, with the Earth element focus. The build is Shugenja 6/Paragnostic Apostle 4/Contemplative 6.
I have the WBL-appropriate 260,000 gp to spend, but don't have anything good to spend it on. Only core and Complete books are allowed.

Here's what I have already bought:

Mwk Shortsword and Light Crossbow (would feel silly spending on weapons)
+5 Mithral Chainshirt
Heward's Handy Haversack
Cloak of Charisma +6
Amulet of Health +4
Gloves of Dexterity +4
Boots of Levitation
Circlet of Persuasion
Ring of Invisibility
Ring of Protection +3
Ioun Stones (Clear, Iridescent, Orange)
And still have 54,650 gp to spend. What the heck should I buy?

umbrapolaris
2011-01-30, 09:13 AM
buy scrolls with useful buffing/life-saving spells. or save your money for later.

dsmiles
2011-01-30, 09:20 AM
Perhaps you should replace the ring of invisibility with a ring of greater invisibility or a ring of regeneration.

EDIT:Or invest in a business, so as to have a steady source of income. :smallwink:

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-30, 09:37 AM
Where is Ring of Greater Invisibility, or is it a custom item?
Ring of Regeneration doesn't honestly sound that good... I'll have a cleric in the party anyway.

I can use either Shugenja or Wizard spells from scrolls (I have the Magic domain from Contemplative). What scrolls and wands should I get?

dsmiles
2011-01-30, 09:50 AM
Where is Ring of Greater Invisibility, or is it a custom item?Custom. 56,000 for a use-activated 7 rounds per use ring or 50,400 for command word activated 7 rounds per use, if my maths are right.

I can use either Shugenja or Wizard spells from scrolls (I have the Magic domain from Contemplative). What scrolls and wands should I get? I'm particularly fond of blasty spells on scrolls and wands. That way, I can spend my spell slots on more useful utility spells and battlefield control spells.

Psyren
2011-01-30, 10:11 AM
+1 to scrolls/wands. This is doubly important for shugenja, because banning an element only prevents you from *learning* the spells associated with it - you can still cast them from items because they're still on your class list, unlike a wizard who cannot use banned spells at all.

What element and order did you pick? They do not have to match each other. (e.g. you can be a Fire Earth Shugenja with Order of the Gentle Rain, by RAW.)

Edit: while you can be fire with Gentle Rain, it's not a good idea.

Pechvarry
2011-01-30, 10:49 AM
+1 to scrolls/wands. This is doubly important for shugenja, because banning an element only prevents you from *learning* the spells associated with it - you can still cast them from items because they're still on your class list, unlike a wizard who cannot use banned spells at all.

What a brilliant observation.

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-30, 01:47 PM
I took Earth as an element, and Perfect Sculpture as an order. I really wanted to focus on Earth spells (for flavor and because the DM doesn't like too powerful casters), and Perfect Sculpture gave me the best ones for free.