PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre campaign

CycloneJoker
2011-01-30, 01:36 PM
My DM has brought up an idea from a thread on here ages ago. The campaign is we have to play tier 2+, we have to be evil, and we have to aim for immortality. I wanted to play a Psion or Erudite, possibly S2P. My DM is kinda scatterbrained, and will suggest ideas, and drop them later, so I find it useful to have characters for the more interesting ideas, which he is more likely to do, built ahead of time. So, my question. Would you benefit from Assume Su ability with True Mind Switch? If you were to True Mind Switch, say, a Djinni, because Golden Sun rocks, and had the feat, would you be able to turn into a tornado?

Thanks.

Vemynal
2011-01-30, 01:51 PM
Are you going to take over the world?

then your next campaign is as different characters such and such years later trying to over throw your old evil party?

I think I remember that...

CycloneJoker
2011-01-30, 02:10 PM

then your next campaign is as different characters such and such years later trying to over throw your old evil party?

Yes, that thing.

True Mind Switch shenanigans seems to be the easiest way for Psionic immortality, but I wanted to know if you could abuse it like that.

Voldecanter
2011-01-30, 02:38 PM

Yes, it was the back story of the writer who gave us AEG's Evil book.

Vemynal
2011-01-30, 02:53 PM
AEG's Evil book.

what is that again? I've always wanted to look into this more so I'm a little curious xD

I couldn't answer your questions but as for Psionics achieving immortality - "Elans effectively have unlimited life spans as long as they are not destroyed"

Your character could be non-human and looking for a way to research/figure out the ritual that Humans use to become Elans for the effect of having immortality (as long as not destroyed).

Character could be human but so positively evil that the Elans council refuses to allow you to become an Elan.

Problem - Becoming an Elan resets your characters class levels at 1.

Roleplay solution - Your character doesn't pass through this ritual til the end of the game and hey, next campaign you have a starter bad guy to face off against (since it would make sense to have at least 1 non-epic evil dude for the good characters when they are in their lower levels)

or just see about the dm hand-waiving this requirement since you researched the ritual yourself (probably involving torcher, lots of torcher) and your effectively just a boss in the next game anyways.

I may have given this some thought xD

CycloneJoker
2011-01-30, 02:59 PM
what is that again? I've always wanted to look into this more so I'm a little curious xD

I couldn't answer your questions but as for Psionics achieving immortality - "Elans effectively have unlimited life spans as long as they are not destroyed"

Your character could be non-human and looking for a way to research/figure out the ritual that Humans use to become Elans for the effect of having immortality (as long as not destroyed).

Character could be human but so positively evil that the Elans council refuses to allow you to become an Elan.

Problem - Becoming an Elan resets your characters class levels at 1.

Roleplay solution - Your character doesn't pass through this ritual til the end of the game and hey, next campaign you have a starter bad guy to face off against (since it would make sense to have at least 1 non-epic evil dude for the good characters when they are in their lower levels)

or just see about the dm hand-waiving this requirement since you researched the ritual yourself (probably involving torcher, lots of torcher) and your effectively just a boss in the next game anyways.

I may have given this some thought xD

Well, that was my first idea, I probably should have mentioned it. I think my DM has something like PTSD about a lot of Psionics, and I barely got him to say yes to Psion/Erudite. As I said, he's a little weird, but really fun after everything starts. If assume worked, I'd turn into a Nymph for decent dexterity and basically free divine grace and AC.

CycloneJoker
2011-02-01, 12:49 AM
Still really need to know, since I got a when, not if, from my DM.