PDA

View Full Version : Build Idea/Challenge

Talbot
2011-01-30, 03:36 PM
I was wondering if somebody could put together a decent build that (always; no Factotum please) adds all six stats to damage, and then uses crit-fishing to maximize the effectiveness of doing so. Bonus points for an economical way to crit on plants/undead/constructs/etc. My initial thoughts:

*Swashbuckler 3 gets you Int
*Shadowblade gets you Dex
*Blood in the Water probably a must
*Tigerclaw in general for TWFin to maximize crit opportunities
*Ideal weapon = Keen Kaorti Kukris?

That's all that's occurred to me, but I'd be curious to see if the Playground can come up with something decent, just in case I ever roll six eighteens or something.

Devmaar
2011-01-30, 03:41 PM
Enough levels of Swordsage gets you Wis to damage with strikes from your favoured discipline

AlterForm
2011-01-30, 03:58 PM
Taking a look at the X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732) thread, some of the best and most continuous choices:

Strength is inherent
Dex can be gotten from Shadow Blade (limited weapons) or a pair of enchantments from the Arms and Equipment Guide (3.0 source)
Constitution can come from an enchantment from Magic of Rokugen (3.0 source) or a couple of Diamond Mind maneuvers (nonconstant, available to swordsages)
Intelligence is gotten unconditionally from Swashbuckler 3
Wisdom can be gotten from Illumian (burns turn attempts, nonconstant), Battlesmith 1 (dwarf only, warhammer only, incompatible with Shadow Blade), Swordsage (single discipline) or Shiba Protector 1 (3.0 source, unable to reference specifics)
Charisma can be gotten via Iajutsu Master 5 (3.0 source), Spiritual Force (Eberron feat, requires kalashtar), or Gauntlets of Heartfelt Blows (Dragon Magazine)

Shooting for minimum cheese and assuming 3.0 acceptance, you can probably combine these to get all 6 stats to damage:

Shadow Blade for DEX (Need to be in a Shadow Hand stance)
Insightful Strike line for CON (Use Warblade for better recovery mechanic)
Swashbuckler 3 for INT (Finessable attacks only)
Swordsage 4 choosing Diamond Mind for WIS (Unconditional except discipline limit)
Iajutsu Master 5 for CHA (This or Spiritual Force; I can't confirm specifics on either to know which is more constant)

I can't be sure these all work together with the brief looking I did, and it's probably not terrible effective overall either, but hey, you're adding all 6 stats to damage. :smallamused: