PDA

View Full Version : These Are the Gods Attempt II

ArlEammon
2011-01-30, 06:08 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185448

The Wizened Old Man appears on the Tower overlooking the assembly of the now "human" gods in front of him. "You are all soon to meet your potentials. Before you begin on your quests and your plans for greatness, you may question me about the universe, and all the Cosmos. Then, you shall depart from these great halls. You may all ask of me questions you desire answered, and then, a boon."

Xulfog
2011-01-30, 06:35 PM
"What happened to me? Why am I here? Where is here? Am I crazy? Am i dreaming?..." He is very confused, and it clearly shows.

ArlEammon
2011-01-30, 06:41 PM
"What happened to me? Why am I here? Where is here? Am I crazy? Am i dreaming?..." He is very confused, and it clearly shows.

"You're somehow in a former deities power. Their Essence is gone. For some reason, you are here, I don't know why. This is Gharda, the Materium. No. . .I don't know if your crazy or not. . . and I don't think your dreaming either."

Xulfog
2011-01-30, 07:00 PM
He stares in disbelief. "And a boon? What kind of boon?" He is still confused and beginning to doubt his own sanity at this point.

Pseudolich
2011-01-30, 09:15 PM
"Interesting...it would seem that creating a singularity holds more consequences than I had thought. I don't believe I know your names?"

Halna LeGavilk
2011-01-31, 12:35 PM
I wake up, and my head aches. The lights seem brighter than they should be, and I can't help but think that staying up till 5:30 drinking Mountain Dew and playing games.

As I look around, I realize that this isn't my normal bedroom. Nor is it where I spent the night. I sit up, and stare at the people in front of me. "Hey, um, where are we?"

ArlEammon
2011-01-31, 09:46 PM
(Any more going to post. . . ? If not, I will move on to the little tour of the Tower of Albion.)

Xulfog
2011-01-31, 10:01 PM
((I don't think they are and Xulfog asked a question.))

ArlEammon
2011-01-31, 10:13 PM
He stares in disbelief. "And a boon? What kind of boon?" He is still confused and beginning to doubt his own sanity at this point.

"Something that will benefit you. That is a boon."

"Interesting...it would seem that creating a singularity holds more consequences than I had thought. I don't believe I know your names?"

I am Albion. . . I don't know who the rest of you are.

I wake up, and my head aches. The lights seem brighter than they should be, and I can't help but think that staying up till 5:30 drinking Mountain Dew and playing games.

As I look around, I realize that this isn't my normal bedroom. Nor is it where I spent the night. I sit up, and stare at the people in front of me. "Hey, um, where are we?"

"You are on the world of Gharda. Up until now the Crown Jewel of the Realms."

Xulfog
2011-01-31, 10:15 PM
(That's not what he meant. He knows what one is, he wants to know the extent of the gift. A god would know what he meant, so edit that?)

ArlEammon
2011-01-31, 10:26 PM
(That's not what he meant. He knows what one is, he wants to know the extent of the gift. A god would know what he meant, so edit that?)

((Go with the flow, he's joking)) :smallbiggrin:

Xulfog
2011-01-31, 10:42 PM
Xulfog chuckles thinking that his dream has a sense of humor. "I call myself Xulfog." he states, wondering why he bothered answering the dream. "So, how much can we benefit from said boon?" he continues questioning his own sanity, but he always dis that. The dream was very vivid, though.

ArlEammon
2011-01-31, 10:59 PM
Xulfog chuckles thinking that his dream has a sense of humor. "I call myself Xulfog." he states, wondering why he bothered answering the dream. "So, how much can we benefit from said boon?" he continues questioning his own sanity, but he always dis that. The dream was very vivid, though.

"Through this boon, you will be able to expand on your already significant powers . . . This boon may be able to extend the abilities of one of your sources of power (domains), it may be able to make you stronger, smarter, or what have you, or it may be a power base, such as a Sanctum. It may be an ally, or it may be simple advice."

Xulfog
2011-01-31, 11:08 PM
((Quick OOC question: Can Invocation magic exist naturally in the world without me having to create it?))

ArlEammon
2011-01-31, 11:13 PM
((Quick OOC question: Can Invocation magic exist naturally in the world without me having to create it?))

((Yes and yes. . . Invocation, that is, divine magic, exists to the 4th level. Evocation, such as mage spells of attack, exist up to 3rd level.))

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-01, 08:22 AM
I sigh. "Great. This sucks. I had a date tonight... I stand up, my aching arms and back straining against the motion. I stretch a little bit before settling down- at least now I can react a little bit better. "So, can you give an explanation of this world, Gharda, right? I'd just like to get an overview of it."

ArlEammon
2011-02-02, 06:59 PM
I sigh. "Great. This sucks. I had a date tonight... I stand up, my aching arms and back straining against the motion. I stretch a little bit before settling down- at least now I can react a little bit better. "So, can you give an explanation of this world, Gharda, right? I'd just like to get an overview of it."

"That would be hard to do seeing as all time and space was warped by your arrival."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-02, 08:29 PM
"Whoo. Well, are we allowed to see the world outside?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-02, 08:30 PM
"Whoo. Well, are we allowed to see the world outside?"

"Yes. . . In fact you'll all be going there in a day or two."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-02, 09:33 PM
I sigh. "Do we really have to wait that long?"

Pseudolich
2011-02-04, 06:22 PM
"Well, does anyone here have absolute control over time?

ArlEammon
2011-02-04, 06:27 PM
"Well, does anyone here have absolute control over time?

"No... not even I ever had that power." Albion remarked. "That is why I have no idea how any of you got here."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-04, 08:45 PM
"Well, what are we supposed to do in the meantime?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-04, 08:46 PM
"Well, what are we supposed to do in the meantime?"

"Oh, I think you should all try to find your places as the gods of this world. As unlikely as you may think of yourselves as being able to do the job, it would be interesting to see how the world would change as you attempt to make it a better place."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-04, 09:18 PM
I shrug. "Well, I like school, I guess.... I'm kinda of book-smart... god of knowledge, maybe? I guess..."

Xulfog
2011-02-04, 09:56 PM
"In that case, I am almost certain to be the god of Incantations. I'm beginning to think that maybe I am not dreaming..." he stretches out his arm in front of him, muttering a few words. Lightening arcs forth from his hand, smashing straight through the wall. He smiles a gleeful smile, Golding his hands in front of his face. "Hehehehehehe. I'm not dreaming. This is great..." he looks up, realizing he broke the wall a little. He mutters a few more indiscernible words and the wall repairs itself. "Much better."

ArlEammon
2011-02-04, 10:57 PM
I shrug. "Well, I like school, I guess.... I'm kinda of book-smart... god of knowledge, maybe? I guess..."

"Sounds great." The Elder god Albion stated.

"In that case, I am almost certain to be the god of Incantations. I'm beginning to think that maybe I am not dreaming..." he stretches out his arm in front of him, muttering a few words. Lightening arcs forth from his hand, smashing straight through the wall. He smiles a gleeful smile, Golding his hands in front of his face. "Hehehehehehe. I'm not dreaming. This is great..." he looks up, realizing he broke the wall a little. He mutters a few more indiscernible words and the wall repairs itself. "Much better."

"Interesting. Yes, you aren't dreaming."

Pseudolich
2011-02-05, 10:43 AM
"I would rather be somewhat secluded...God of the Dead, perhaps?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 10:48 AM
"I would rather be somewhat secluded...God of the Dead, perhaps?"

"Bingo! By the way, you all already in the bodies of the gods. I'm surprised you didn't know it yet." He shrugs.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 11:23 AM
I look down at my body and blink. "Hey, I got no problem with it."

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 11:23 AM
"For the boon could it be ANYTHING, or are there limits to it. And I had noticed, but it is very similar to my old body." he continues to test his abilities, magic flying everywhere from his spells.

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 11:29 AM
"For the boon could it be ANYTHING, or are there limits to it. And I had noticed, but it is very similar to my old body." he continues to test his abilities, magic flying everywhere from his spells.

"No. It can't be anything BUT. Since you are new at this, you could ask of me anything you wish to have done, and I will let you know how it can be accomplished. Or perhaps I could cast a powerful spell that would allow you enough power to reach your goals, eventually."

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 11:32 AM
"What about a Divine Sanctum? I would very much like such a thing." He has stopped casting, now just standing there.

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 11:37 AM
"What about a Divine Sanctum? I would very much like such a thing." He has stopped casting, now just standing there.

"A Divine Sanctum? Are you sure that's what you want? If it is, you should all know that there are more decisions you should make before leaving the Tower."

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 11:40 AM
"It is not my final decision, I wish to know if I should contemplate it as a possibility. It is definitely high on my list, though."

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 11:43 AM
"It is not my final decision, I wish to know if I should contemplate it as a possibility. It is definitely high on my list, though."

"Of course. Sanctums are definitely powerful things. This Tower is mine, for instance."

"Xulfog, or whatever your name is. You, and everyone will be asked questions by me before you go. Your answers will decide certain other features of your stay in this realm and have LONG lasting effects."

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 12:12 PM
"Fair enough. I assume you are some kind of elder Diety? Perhaps my spell did work. Or it could just have been a coincidence. What kind of questions will you be asking us?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 12:13 PM
"Fair enough. I assume you are some kind of elder Diety? Perhaps my spell did work. Or it could just have been a coincidence. What kind of questions will you be asking us?"

"Things about your morality, and judgement. That kind of thing. Well as well as just things you'd do in certain situations."

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 12:23 PM
"When shall we do that then? I must say that I am quite hyper from the power I have recently gained."

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 12:27 PM
"When shall we do that then? I must say that I am quite hyper from the power I have recently gained."

Well, we could do this before the feast, after, or tomorrow I think. But for now, all of you need educating on the world below."

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 12:34 PM
"Very well. Could you begin teaching us, then?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 12:35 PM
"Very well. Could you begin teaching us, then?"

"Well, I believe that I began this meeting by telling you all you could ask questions?"

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 12:57 PM
"Very well. What are the current sentient species? Any Civilizations? What's the main power on the world? How advanced is their technology and magic?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 01:09 PM
"Very well. What are the current sentient species? Any Civilizations? What's the main power on the world? How advanced is their technology and magic?"

"The species? There's some humans, dragons, and some sapient ape-hybrids. There may be some still yet on the planet that I can't sense, since I'm still reeling from that Space-Time distortion. There are also two different species much more advanced than the rest, called the Lunarians and Archadians. The Lunarians and Archadians received the softest blow from the Space-Time distortion, and the latter have some technologies that can be described as High Medieval. The Lunarians are a race of natural arcane magic-users, but their technology is around the level of the late-Iron Age. As for the main power of the world, that's a tie between the Archadians or the Lunarians."

"Technology? They have some aquaducts, the ability for plumbing, knowledge of sanitation, just barely the ability produce iron, and extensive herbology. They can make good bows and arrows. . . not much else though."

((OOC: Albion goes on to describe the magical Powers of the Archadians and the Lunarians. They seem to both cap at 5th level magical spells, although extremely rare exceptions exist. He seems to indicate that humans and whatever mortal races other than Lunarians and Archadians have magics equal to 4th level divine and 3rd level arcane.))

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 01:20 PM
"Interesting..." he whispers, conjuring an illusion of each species described. "Very interesting." the images vanish. "What of languages and alliances? Are they tolerant or xenophobic?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 01:24 PM
"Interesting..." he whispers, conjuring an illusion of each species described. "Very interesting." the images vanish. "What of languages and alliances? Are they tolerant or xenophobic?"

"The Apefolk are scattered, and they generally vary from culture to culture on the suspiciouns and views on foreigners. Humans are just as unpredictable. The Lunarians, well, slightly less so. They possess their own nationalistic tendencies, and thus they have more unified views. The Archadians live isolated from most of the races, only daring to make contact for commercial purposes, but they believe everyone deserves respect."

"Except for slight over-straining of differences, there's little reason for anyone of different species to hate eachother right now, even for racists, since so few of them meet eacother than often."

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 01:39 PM
"That's about all the questions I have right now. Does anyone else have any?"

Pseudolich
2011-02-05, 07:15 PM
"Hmmm...I have three. Firstly, what is the status of our predecessor's divine holdings? Secondly, what is the status of the other planes? Thirdly, how did you get to where you are now?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 07:21 PM
"Hmmm...I have three. Firstly, what is the status of our predecessor's divine holdings? Secondly, what is the status of the other planes? Thirdly, how did you get to where you are now?"

"You could try to reclaim "your" domains, and I will allow you to. But they are in ruins and in disrepair now that your predecessors have been yanked so violently from this plane into another. Still, there could be something of value when you reclaim your lands. As for the other planes, well, good question. The Realms native to this reality are in ok shape, despite the tear in the Cosmos. And lastly, I was always here."

Xulfog
2011-02-09, 11:17 PM
"Interesting. What should we do next? It seems all questions have been answered."

ArlEammon
2011-02-09, 11:34 PM
"Interesting. What should we do next? It seems all questions have been answered."

"That is up almost entirely to you. Unless you do something extremely rash or overstep your bounds, you can do what you want."

"I must warn you, however, that once you leave the Tower of Albion, you will be unable to return for some time.

Pseudolich
2011-02-12, 06:53 PM
"How would you define our bounds?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-12, 07:10 PM
"How would you define our bounds?"

"Trying to leave the Realms for another's Creation. That would be disastrous after what has just happened."

Pseudolich
2011-02-12, 10:29 PM
"Thank you. What would you consider 'extremely rash'?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-12, 10:44 PM
"Uh, going overbored with your powers. . . "

"With my kids, some of them were equilavent to your Hitler, or much worse."

"The majority were at least non-offensive, if not outright benevolent.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-13, 03:15 AM
I crack my neck. "Are you gonna ask us those questions now?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-13, 01:22 PM
I crack my neck. "Are you gonna ask us those questions now?"

"Ah, yes. . . The first question"

"You are staring at the full moon a night before a battle, what are you thinking of?"

"The results of the battle"

"Your family,"

Or "Your beautiful lover?"

Xulfog
2011-02-13, 02:36 PM
"That is too easy for me. I have no family or lovers, so I would think of the results." He makes a small illusion of a battle in the palm of his hand. "Not that that means I would enjoy the killing. I do like a good challenge though, wether it be combat or a puzzle."

Pseudolich
2011-02-13, 04:53 PM
"Before a battle...I isolated myself from anyone that might love me, and my family died when I was young, and I am very unlikely to be able to assist in the battle, therefore my thoughts would likely be towards seeing that my projects are not damaged by the conflict."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-13, 05:35 PM
"Yay, these kind of questions... Well, I wouldn't be thinking about the results, since it's before, but that's the closest answer, I guess."