PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5] Warblade Feat Selection and questions.

Rasman
2011-01-31, 07:34 AM
I'm building a warblade for a 1st level campaign that is sort of a mix of Pathfinder and 3.5, but will probably be converted totally over to PF eventually.

I always build my characters as though I'd be playing them to 20, so I was going though my feats and picking them out as I'd be able to take them. So far my feat selection looks something like

Lvl 1: Combat Expertise/Human Feat: Improved Trip
Lvl 3: Fury's Fall
Lvl 5: Improved Dirty Trick/Warblade Feat: Combat Reflexes
Lvl 7: Greater Trip
Lvl 9: Tripping Strike/Warblade Feat: Iron Heart Aura
Lvl 11: Improved Critical
Lvl 13: Greater Dirty Trick/Warblade Feat: Endurance
Lvl 15:
Lvl 17: /Warblade Feat: Diehard
Lvl 19:

I also looked at: Dreadful Carnage, Bloody Assault, Power Attack, Improved Dirty Trick, Greater Dirty Trick, Swing of Shields, Furious Focus, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Blind-Fight, Improved Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Quick Draw, Blade Meditation: Diamond Mind, Martial Study, Evasive Reflexes, Adaptive Style, Weapon Focus, Fury's Fall, Step Up, Following Step, Step Up and Strike and Cornugeon Smash.

The bolded feats I'd like to work into the build as soon as I can, but I'm not sure what should be moved.

We're allowed access to anything from either the 3.5 or PF SRDs and if we ask permission and it gets approved, anything from any other 3.5 or PF source book that isn't 3rd party material.

I'm interested in any other rebuild of the feats since he hasn't actually had to use one yet and the character JUST met the party while I was still in the process of building him. The only feats I'm PRETTY set on are Combat Expertise, Improved Trip and Greater Trip, with two other Melee, and a possible third, that's a lot of provoked attacks of opportunity.

My other question/request is what should be used as a replacement for Concentration checks, since Diamond Mind focuses so much on them?

My first thought was Perception, since concentrating on an enemy often means watching their movements. For the time being, I just took Concentration and added it to my sheet, in order to make things easier.

Lastly is opinions on Maneuvers and Stances. I've already read though Elfin's WONDERFUL Warblade Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176968) (although I do wish he'd expand on it more, even though he's working on the Swordsage Handbook), but I always appreciate a different opinion and would like a general consensus.

Greenish
2011-01-31, 11:44 AM
My other question/request is what should be used as a replacement for Concentration checks, since Diamond Mind focuses so much on them?Perception and Autohypnosis are the usual suspects.

Say, has your DM expanded the warblade bonus feats list significantly, or am I missing something?

Rasman
2011-01-31, 02:57 PM
Perception and Autohypnosis are the usual suspects.

Say, has your DM expanded the warblade bonus feats list significantly, or am I missing something?

bad brain is bad, I didn't even see the "from the list given below" part...guess that changed my choices drastically, I PROBABLY shouldn't have tried to put this part together at 5 or 6 in the morning...I'll edit it now

Considering what this guy is based on, I really want him about Battlefield Control and being able to handle multiple enemies at once, thus the tripping concept. I'm not really sure how badly I want Power Attack. I know it's an important feat and as basic and widely taken as almost any other feat, but I don't know if or when I'd take it, based on what I want to do with this character.