PDA

View Full Version : The Vampyre (a different kind of vampire) (3.5) (PEACH)

dragonfire42
2011-01-31, 02:57 PM
The Vampyre

http://Picture URL

Quote of Some Kind by a member of the class!

A general description of whatever the class is!

BECOMING A CLASS NAME
How you would normally become a member of this prestige class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
:Bitten by a vampyre (someone with the vampyre subtype)
:medium humanoid
:
:
:

Class Skills
The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are....
Skills Points at Each Level: x + int

Hit Dice: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+2|Blood Drain, Child of the night, Vampyric Hunger, Blood Attribute, Blood Weakness
2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+3|Vampyric Grace, Blood Attribute, Dex +1
3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+3|Speed +10, Cha +1
4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+4|Blood Attribute, Blood Weakness
5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+4|Rise My Children!, Cha +1
6th|
+6|
+2|
+5|
+5|Blood Attribute, Str +1, Improved Blood Drain
7th|
+7|
+2|
+5|
+5|Blood Weakness, Improved Control
8th|
+8|
+2|
+6|
+6|Blood Attribute, Dex +1
9th|
+9|
+3|
+6|
+6|Blood Weakness,Str +1, Speed +10
10th|
+10|
+3|
+7|
+7|Lord of the Night, Blood Attribute[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: Vampyres gain no weapon proficiency.
Blood Drain(Ex):You can suck blood from a living victim with your fangs by making a successful grapple check. If you pin the foe, you drain blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. For each point of constitution drained, you heals 3 points of damage or gains 3 temporary hit points if you have full hit points.

Child of the night:You gain 2 slam attacks as natural attacks doing 1d6 damage each and +1 to you strenght, dexterity and charisma scores. Also, each round you are in direct sunlight you take 1d10 damage.You are also vulnerable to being staked. (Wooden stakes are treated as simple light weapons that deal 1d2 piercing damage and have a critical threat range of x2. If a character attacks you in melee with a stake and would threaten a critical hit, he may make a roll to confirm the critical, even though vampires are not affected by them, at a -8 penalty. If the confirmation roll is successful, then the character successfully stakes the Vampire’s heart, destroying it instantly. In addition, if a character coup de grace’s a you with a stake, it is destroyed as well.) You also lose your constitution score and you us eyour charisma for things it would affect (hp, fortitude, ...).

Vampyric Hunger: You no longer need to eat regular food. However, if you do not drain at least 4 points of constitution a day, you grow weaker.See the table below.

{table=head] days without blood | con drain to heal | effect
1|6 | -2 to str and dex
2 | 8 | fatigue
3 | 10 | -2 cha
4 | 12 | exhausted
5 | 14 | -2 to str and dex
more than 5|((days without blood -1)x2)+4|blood frenzy*+ -1 to all stats for each day without enough blood over 6. You are destroyed if your str, dex, and cha drop to zero because of this.
[/table]

Blood Attributes:
Blood Weaknesses:
Vampyric Grace:
Ability Bonuses:
Speed Bonuses:
Rise My Children!(Su):
Improved Control:
Lord of the Night:

(Still in progress:smallsmile:) (Thank you Demented One for all the ideas in your revised vampire template. I give you all the credit for the ideas I borrowed from you.:smallbiggrin:)

dragonfire42
2011-01-31, 03:58 PM
post reserved for blood attributes and weaknesses.

dragonfire42
2011-01-31, 03:59 PM
post reserved for feats

dragonfire42
2011-01-31, 04:00 PM
post reserved for prestigue classes.

dragonfire42
2011-01-31, 04:01 PM
you may now post and PEACH :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Aetholus
2011-01-31, 10:43 PM
I think it could use some more useful abilities. I wouldn't want to take 10 levels in this class.

Worira
2011-02-01, 03:04 AM
Was expecting a vampire that had been set on fire, sorely disappointed.

Seriously though, it's unfinished, and as such I can't really comment on it.

umbrapolaris
2011-02-01, 07:25 AM
when i saw the title, i thought about an old template i got in a old forum, based on a "aberration" living vampire called vampyr , not undead but that mimicked some powers of the undead vampire (most like Blade) and progress on 10 level too.

sample:

"Vampyrs are the true Vampires. They are the aberration of a living body reinforced with abilities similar to the undead. They can tolerate the sun like any other living creature (although they lose some abilities), some enjoy the taste and smell of good garlic soup, they use a mirror when freshening up, and most get a good laugh out of people who shove holy symbols in their faces. When they smell, they take a bath in running water, they prefer sleeping in luxurious beds (but a few sleep in coffins if Vampire style is a thing of theirs), and they only ask before entering a building if they want to be polite. Oh, and driving a stake through their heart will only make them angrier."

^^

ForzaFiori
2011-02-01, 02:49 PM
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but after 5 days, the amount of Con drain needed to get back to normal is progressing at a slower rate than the others.

for instance, 5 days needs 14 con drain. 6 days needs 14 as well (6-1=5, 5x2=10, 10+4=14) and 7 days needs 16, where as if it progressed as normal, it would be 16 and 18 respectively.

dragonfire42
2011-02-02, 08:07 PM
Sorry, I dont really have the time to update it yet. However, I can give you a hint. The blood powers grant you class features so you can customize your character. They will include venoms from your blood drain, domination powers, living and dead alternate forms, summoning the dead, and much much more.:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: