PDA

View Full Version : desert disaster

Seth62
2011-01-31, 07:36 PM
Hey, I have a problum. My party is playing a elite game at the moment and we are in a desert to destroy some runes. Only problum is that our first cleric (a ghost) died and will be back in three days in the game and I the second cleric who was providing the shade and protection from elements am now away for 2-5 weeks so I left the group in the alone. ohh plus the first rune we broke sent out a wave of wisdom drain and renderd our barbarian's (2 of them a troll and a sea hag unconsious) so that our part is now just a kobolt half-dragon rogue 1st level, a weretiger teifling 2nd level, a half-celestial human fighter 4th level, and our mindflayer 2nd level psion. what can they do it's a harsh desert and our GM likes taking advantage of situation. Please help (Advice) or useful items?

Lhurgyof
2011-01-31, 08:14 PM
Make survival checks. Lots of them.

Lurkmoar
2011-01-31, 08:18 PM
Eat the troll if your supplies run low. He can regenerate.

Orbin Dules
2011-01-31, 10:51 PM
Eat the troll if your supplies run low. He can regenerate.

That is actually a good idea, remind me to put that as one of the perks of playing a troll PC.

Lurkmoar
2011-01-31, 10:54 PM
I wonder if a troll could survive an extreme situation (ie stuck on a tiny island with no vegetation or animal life and instead of an ocean, it was surrounded by lava) by eating nothing but himself ala Stephen King's short story Survivor Type

Ravens_cry
2011-01-31, 11:42 PM
I wonder if a troll could survive an extreme situation (ie stuck on a tiny island with no vegetation or animal life and instead of an ocean, it was surrounded by lava) by eating nothing but himself ala Stephen King's short story Survivor Type
You just made Mr. Physicist cry.:smallfrown:

Lurkmoar
2011-01-31, 11:56 PM

Pfft, silly physicists with their laws and theories always saying you can't break reality this way. The thermodynamics, time/space and mass are only a quaint suggestions! Bwhahahaha!

But seriously... deserts are rough. Try to keep day time activity to a minimum. Are you planning to hunker down in one location for very long, or do you need to keep moving? Resting during the day could prove beneficial as long as you have some shade to protect you from the sun. If the party has lots of dark vision characters, traveling during the night would be best.

Seth62
2011-02-01, 08:13 AM
:smallsmile: okay so eat the limbs of the troll, hunker down in the day and restore ability scores and since we all have darkvision travel at night. ohh the night before we ran into a nightwalker so well prepare for undead conflict. any thing else we are in a white sand desert.

dsmiles
2011-02-01, 08:17 AM
:smallsmile: okay so eat the limbs of the troll, hunker down in the day and restore ability scores and since we all have darkvision travel at night. ohh the night before we ran into a nightwalker so well prepare for undead conflict. any thing else we are in a white sand desert.Hopefully your psion took Know Direction and Location as one of his/her powers.

"Brain, point me to the nearest town!" :smallbiggrin:

Seth62
2011-02-01, 08:26 AM
yes, he does but it took us 5 game days 2 get there at a movement of 40 ft a round thanks 2 the barbarians so We are stuck out there and there are for there are 4 other runes 2 smash as well. (by the way this possibly could help idk how)

Gravitron5000
2011-02-01, 08:30 AM

The troll can alternate consuming himself and the continuous supply of catgirl corpses.

Seth62
2011-02-01, 08:36 AM
thanks every one that helps if there is anything else you can think of that would be great I have till friday for this game.

dark.sun.druid
2011-02-01, 03:51 PM
To be clear, only one of our barbarians is out (the Troll). I'm the other one, so I should know. I don't know if this makes any difference, but I thought it would be best to clear that up.

Waker
2011-02-01, 04:06 PM
If your DM is of a malicious bent, he might use BOVD.

Eating particularly foul creatures, such as trolls or fiends, can be very dangerous (see the blue guts disease in Chapter 2).

Blue Guts: This disease comes from eating the flesh of particularly disgusting creatures such as otyughs, gibbering mouthers, and gray oozes. It results in a bluish complexion, particularly around the creature’s intestines (hence the
name). Many (but not all) predatory magical beasts, aberrations, and other creatures are immune to this disease, but no humanoids are.

Table 2–4: Diseases
Disease Infection DC Incubation Damage
Acid fever Injury 18 1d3 days 1d6 Str 2
Blue guts Special 14 1d3 days 1d4 Str
I could have sworn there was another disease called something like Trollgut Rot that you could contract when you ate troll meat, but I'm not finding it.

But as was said before, travel during the night. During the daytime try and find shelter from the sun. I could dig up any number of useful items to utilize, but if the party is out in the middle of the desert, not much way to get a hold of them.

Seth62
2011-02-03, 07:47 AM
The GM, Nikkey, does not let us use the BoDV for its violent content so not 2 fear! :smallbiggrin:

Kaww
2011-02-03, 07:54 AM
... Trollgut Rot ...

Troll gut rope. MIC pg.190.

Waker
2011-02-03, 12:15 PM
Troll gut rope. MIC pg.190.
No, I definitely wasn't mistaking it for rope. This was something I read many a year ago.
But if your DM isn't gonna have everyone get sick from eating the troll, then you guys are safe. The physics though! How could a troll eat himself?!

LansXero
2011-02-03, 12:20 PM
How could a troll eat himself?!

Slowly and with great care? Also, anesthetics should help.

Greenish
2011-02-03, 12:29 PM
If your DM is of a malicious bent, he might use BOVD.

I could have sworn there was another disease called something like Trollgut Rot that you could contract when you ate troll meat, but I'm not finding it.With 1d3 days incubation time, you might just risk it. Besides, DC 14 isn't so bad.

Seth62
2011-02-05, 12:31 PM
Update: We were attacked Spitting sand snakes there poison DC is cumulative 1d6 con+ 1d6. Ahhh the mindflayer is dead in 7 rounds unless we a antidote. the troll was absent so he's fine and are barbarian is exhausted. anyway we are almost dead so we are making new characters so yeah thanks all.