PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Shredder of Opportunity

true_shinken
2011-01-31, 08:01 PM
OK, this assumes you mix 3.5 and Pathfinder. It's how it's supposed to be, but I saw many DMs against it (probaby because converting can be a bitch -- it won't, here).
It's a little feat combo I came up with (I thank Darrin for the idea) and I'd like to know your opinion.

Take Double Hit (from Miniatures Handbook). Each attack of opportunity is now two attacks, one with each weapon. You can skip this with an Unleashed Soulknife; they get a blade skill that covers this.
Add Snap Kick (from Tome of Battle). Whenever you make an attack, you may take a -2 to hit for an extra attack. So, your attacks of opportunity are actually three attacks.
Add Planar Touchstone: oxyrhynchus (from Planar Handbook) for an additonal attack at -5 whenever you make multiple attacks. Each attack of opportunity is now four attacks.
Requirement feats, aside from those already mentioned, are TWF and Improved Unarmed Strike. This combo is really really good an an Unleashed Soulknife (they get TWF and a blade skill that replicates Double Hit for free) but any melee class can pull this.

Season with:
Combat Reflexes - so that you can do this lots of times per round
Step Up line - Step Up, Following Step and Step Up and Strike. Basically, for this 3 feats, you can as an immediate action move 10ft whenever an adjacent foe makes a 5-foot step away from you and make an attack of opportunity against him. Getting away from you is painful. This is the thing Pathfinder really does add to the build.
Mage Slayer line - Mage Slayer alone means people will either suffer AoOs from casting or 5-foot stepping (considering the Step Up line).
Robilar's Gambit - each time they swing, you hit them. 4 times.
Supernatural Instintcs - even supernatural abilities provoke
anything from Person_Man's melee handbook to improve your damage output or to debuff

Now, something I'd like to point out. Only the TWF part is an actual attack of opportunity - you can use Snap Kick or oxyrhynchus Touchstone to hit other people. This gets really really silly with bags of rats and the like, but then again, everything does.

Something I like for this as well - Pyrokineticist with Ranged Threat. Half your attacks are now touch attacks.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-31, 09:05 PM
Dont forget Combat Patrol from pathfinders APG: allows you to extend your threatened area by 5ft for every +5 BAB you have.

true_shinken
2011-01-31, 09:39 PM
Dont forget Combat Patrol from pathfinders APG: allows you to extend your threatened area by 5ft for every +5 BAB you have.

Step Up only works against adjacent opponents, so I don't know if it would work. It helps spreading out Snap Kick/oxyrhynchus, though.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-31, 11:09 PM
erm... yes, Step Up only works against adjacent opponents, but Combat Patrol works against everything that enters your Combat Patrol area. which is why I suggested it. You get to make attacks of opportunity within a huge area.

dextercorvia
2011-01-31, 11:57 PM
IIRC, the -2 from Snap Kick is cumulative. Combined with Combat Reflexes, you could be looking at Primary AoO's taking a -10, -15 for the oxyrhynchus attack by the time you are running out of Dex bonus.