PDA

View Full Version : [ANY] Stat up a DM

Ignatius
2011-01-31, 10:10 PM
Just had a random thought so I figured I would ask the playground since they know everything.

If you had to put a DM onto a character sheet, what would the stats be? What race, class, skills, powers, feats etc. would you give them?

Koury
2011-01-31, 10:11 PM
Inb4PunPun

Pink
2011-01-31, 10:12 PM
Divine rank 21+.

Done?

SurlySeraph
2011-01-31, 10:22 PM
Human (or sometimes dwarf or gnome) Wizard/ Sorc/ Ultimate Magus, focused on Conjuration and Illusion.

yilduz
2011-01-31, 10:28 PM
Human Commoner
Level 1

Str 6
Dex 10
Con 8
Int 11
Wis 10
Cha 2

:P

Knaight
2011-01-31, 10:30 PM
I'd find a way to stat up a setting, as that's what a GM is simulating.

Chilingsworth
2011-01-31, 10:40 PM
Umm... something insane, maybe the MM/SRD Derro?

Volos
2011-01-31, 10:42 PM
I actually did this for a campaign of mine. I gave myself stats as a god of divine rank 30. As it turned out the BBEG, an evil god of trickery and vengeance, was tired of me foiling his plans to take over the multiverse. So he won over the hearts and minds of the players (Yes, the players... not the player characters) and tried to kill me in order to take over the multiverse. There were a few sessions toward the end where I had to play as if I was said BBEG whenever I was near my players, either during out outside of the game. They got so worried that they fought to reverse what the BBEG had done, to bring me back to life and to put me back in power. Which meant I got to be a DMPC while the BBEG was trying to foil the player's every plan to bring me back. Eventually they won out against him and order was restored. It was fairly awesome.

Barbin
2011-01-31, 10:43 PM
How does I-can-destroy-you-in-so-many-ways-possible-thirty-of-them-include-an-Itzakadoozie-mixed-with-TempuraPowerful?

TheCountAlucard
2011-01-31, 10:43 PM
Essence 10 Unshaped. :smallamused:

Ranger Mattos
2011-01-31, 10:58 PM
I'm guessing a DM is about equal to this (http://www.enworld.org/forum/2873260-post1.html).

Oh wait, do you mean real life? If so, probably a human Commoner 1. Maybe Commoner 2.

Chilingsworth
2011-01-31, 11:04 PM
I'm guessing a DM is about equal to this (http://www.enworld.org/forum/2873260-post1.html).

Oh wait, do you mean real life? If so, probably a human Commoner 1. Maybe Commoner 2.

If you were stating them out irl, you'd have to use d20 modern rules, probably as some varriety of odrniary.

Ravens_cry
2011-02-01, 12:05 AM
Heh, my primary DM would probably be statted quite well as a Goblin with enlarge person cast on him, IRL.
In game? Why, the Sleeper, the Dreamer, the Solipsist. If they should awake, all will be undone. To kill them would do likewise.

grarrrg
2011-02-01, 12:06 AM
Just had a random thought so I figured I would ask the playground since they know everything.

If you had to put a DM onto a character sheet, what would the stats be? What race, class, skills, powers, feats etc. would you give them?

DM has the same stats as the Lady of Pain.

Or is that the other way around...

Hammerhead
2011-02-01, 12:08 AM
Isn't there a silly Dungeon Master PrC in Dungeonscape?

CycloneJoker
2011-02-01, 12:17 AM
Best one yet.

Size/Type: Rule 0
Hit Dice: Rule 0
Initiative: Rule 0
Speed: Rule 0
Armor Class: Rule 0
Base Attack/Grapple: Rule 0/Rule 0
Attack: Rule 0
Full Attack: Rule 0
Space/Reach: Rule 0/Rule 0
Special Attacks: Rule 0
Special Qualities: Rule 0
Saves: Rule 0
Abilities: Rule 0
Skills: Rule 0
Feats: Rule 0
Environment: The entire world, I'm the frikkin' DM, I made the place.
Organization: Solitary, Gaming Group (1, plus 3-6 Players)
Challenge Rating: Rule 0
Treasure: Yeah, no (Including "Pfft," and "HAHAHAHA!")
Alignment: Rule 0
Advancement: Unnecessary
Level Adjustment: You are playing the wizard's familiar until you figure out what was wrong with that, or I find something even more humiliating and sucky. And you bring the chips and coke from now on.

Ravens_cry
2011-02-01, 12:20 AM
DM has the same stats as the Lady of Pain.

Or is that the other way around...
The DM is everywhere. Every setting, they are there. One can imagine a setting without the Lady of Pain, a setting without the DM is an empty static thing, mere words upon a page, images in print, books upon a shelf. Not alive, not real.

Fortuna
2011-02-01, 12:50 AM

Nah. Essence 10 Eclipse with a unique charm that permits him/her to assume Native charms.

Xefas
2011-02-01, 01:04 AM
Nah. Essence 10 Eclipse with a unique charm that permits him/her to assume Native charms.

Essence 10 Infernal with the Triumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger tree, whose Primordial theme is "Dungeon Master". Uses a combination of Constructive Convergence of Principles (this is Wyld Shaping but functional outside the Wyld the higher Essence you go) and Devil-Tiger upgrades to that charm to expand its range, area of effect, array of effects, and where it functions.

You could even have charms that, after you've used CCoP to Shape dungeons, monsters, and heroes out of nothingness and pit them against each other, give you direct benefits depending on the results.

Loki Eremes
2011-02-01, 01:10 AM
Human Commoner
Level 1

Str 6
Dex 10
Con 8
Int 11
Wis 10
Cha 2

:P

Ummm sorry folks, but this guy is the winner of the captious question. xD

Most of us DMs, will never go farther than a lvl 1 commoner or lvl 1 NPC class :roach:

But...man....dont you tell me that those are your stats because with that 2 on CHA your an abomination of mankind. :smalleek:

Hawkfrost000
2011-02-01, 01:55 AM
the DM is the god above the gods. stat out Lolth or Corellon Larethian then multiply by several hundred.

:smallbiggrin:

thats how i play my DM, oh and he can time travel and appear as a mortal race so he can set up all of these interesting campaigns for the players. :smalltongue:

DM

Smeggedoff
2011-02-01, 02:04 AM
Lots of little sideways eights.

Alternatively. Don't. The moment you put stats on something the players will try to kill it.

rayne_dragon
2011-02-01, 02:21 AM
Heh, my DM stated himself... numerous times and in different systems. I kinda wish I could remember his character sheet now. He had a whole system for it.

Ajadea
2011-02-01, 02:23 AM
Divine Rank Something Really Big

Divine Recall
Know Secrets
True Knowledge

When your players start messing things up:
Alter Reality
Control Creatures
Create Object/Create Greater Object/Divine Creation

If you railroad:
Lay Quest

Deus Ex Machina:
Mass Life and Death
Power of Luck
Possess Mortal

Combat Reflexes
2011-02-01, 05:41 AM
In Fantasy world, DM stat YOU! :smalltongue:

Jair Barik
2011-02-01, 07:08 AM
Short bald halfling with at will teleport and infinite ranks in Perform (cryptic prophecy)

obliged_salmon
2011-02-01, 08:58 AM
everything-wise 100

(burning wheel)

The Rose Dragon
2011-02-01, 09:05 AM

He needs Heart 6, though.

Tengu_temp
2011-02-01, 09:55 AM
Alternatively. Don't. The moment you put stats on something the players will try to kill it.

If your players want to kill you then you have more problems than having to stat something out anyway.

Totally Guy
2011-02-01, 11:08 AM
everything-wise 100

(burning wheel)

In Burning Wheel the GM has to stick to the rules as much as the players. So the best you could do is: White 10.

obliged_salmon
2011-02-01, 11:17 AM
In Burning Wheel the GM has to stick to the rules as much as the players. So the best you could do is: White 10.

That's true. To that end, I'd say the players also have everything-wise at white 10. It's the PC's and NPC's that are limited.

Totally Guy
2011-02-01, 12:29 PM
That's true. To that end, I'd say the players also have everything-wise at white 10. It's the PC's and NPC's that are limited.

Could be...

So then maybe the GM is just a guy afterall.

Village Born, Good for nothing kid, Student, Apprentice...

How many paths must a man walk down?

ajkkjjk52
2011-02-01, 12:32 PM
Human Commoner
Level 1

My GM is at least an Expert 3.

The Glyphstone
2011-02-01, 12:34 PM
The DM uses Cain's statblock from V:tM.

WarKitty
2011-02-01, 12:44 PM
Alignment: LE

Tengu_temp
2011-02-01, 01:14 PM
In Exalted: use the stats for Ebon Dragon.

tcrudisi
2011-02-01, 01:21 PM
Well, there's a semi-official ruling from high up. In the old D&D cartoon (that's right, I went there), there's an episode (season 1, episode 5, I think) where the DM gets captured by a melee type character with an awesome sword.

That's right, the Dungeon Master was capture by a non-caster. Talk about weak.

Of course, he also had the power to teleport at will, create volcanic eruptions, telekinetically lift a net off of himself and throw it onto bad guys, etc.

So... I dunno? Weak enough to be frozen by a frost sword wielded by a low-to-mid level melee with no casting ability, but strong enough to create multiple volcanic eruptions at the same time.

Kurald Galain
2011-02-01, 01:34 PM
Human Commoner
Level 1

Str 6
Dex 10
Con 8
Int 11
Wis 10
Cha 2

Every DM has 18 intelligence :smalltongue:

obliged_salmon
2011-02-01, 03:28 PM
Could be...

So then maybe the GM is just a guy afterall.

Village Born, Good for nothing kid, Student, Apprentice...

How many paths must a man walk down?

GM lifepath: 4 years; 2 RP; skills - 4 pts (command, oratory, herding cats-wise, snack-wise); traits - 1 pt (exasperated, sadistic, poker face); +1M; leads from outcast, mom's basement, soul-crushing day job subsettings

Ranger Mattos
2011-02-01, 10:38 PM
Lots of little sideways eights.

I repeat: -filler-

Amador
2011-02-01, 10:46 PM
Human Expert 1

Some Stats

Alter Reality (Su): A DM can alter the laws that govern the world at will.

Create World (Su): A DM can create a multiverse at will.

Do Anything (Su): A DM can create, destroy, alter, move any thing, creature, or other at will.

dracoslaad
2011-02-01, 11:13 PM
A DM is a Xorvintaal Dragon. With spells.

Loki Eremes
2011-02-02, 12:30 AM
The DM uses Cain's statblock from V:tM.

Not Cain! hell no! ò.Ó

Alignment: LE

I agree with this 100%.
But sometimes there are NE and CE xD

Every DM has 18 intelligence :smalltongue:

every human could be a DM
every DM has 18 INT
so
every human could have 18 INT ...OMG! Albert Einsteins everywhere! :smallbiggrin:

One Tin Soldier
2011-02-02, 12:46 AM
I actually did this for a campaign of mine. I gave myself stats as a god of divine rank 30. As it turned out the BBEG, an evil god of trickery and vengeance, was tired of me foiling his plans to take over the multiverse. So he won over the hearts and minds of the players (Yes, the players... not the player characters) and tried to kill me in order to take over the multiverse. There were a few sessions toward the end where I had to play as if I was said BBEG whenever I was near my players, either during out outside of the game. They got so worried that they fought to reverse what the BBEG had done, to bring me back to life and to put me back in power. Which meant I got to be a DMPC while the BBEG was trying to foil the player's every plan to bring me back. Eventually they won out against him and order was restored. It was fairly awesome.

This sounds like its a cross between D&D, LARP, and method acting.
In other words, frigging epic.