PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a Deity for a Favored Soul or Cleric dip

Talbot
2011-02-01, 05:51 AM
I'm working on a build that's going to be, basically, 14 levels of Swordsage, 5 levels of Teflammar Shadowlord, and 1 level of either Cleric or Favored Soul. The character concept is very "grim reaper", so I'm looking for the "best" deity/class combo to serve that end.

Domain wise, I'd love some combination of Law, Death, Knowledge, and Luck

Is there a deity with a scythe as a favored weapon? Or, better yet, some obscure, better, exotic weapon that's basically a scythe.

Are there any particularly cool/thematically appropriate ACFs/Domain Feats/Spells I should make a point of snagging on a one level dip?

Kol Korran
2011-02-01, 06:08 AM
can't help you much, except to note an exotic weapon i think might be appropriate: Talenta Sharrash (from Eberoon campaign setting). It's basically a large scythe on a polearm. stats are: reach weapon, 1d10 for medium, 19-20/X4 with keen or improved critical that is even better.

i don't think there is a deity that grant it as a favored weapon though. sorry.

Yora
2011-02-01, 06:58 AM
If you can take any deity without having to have any in character reasons why the character worships it, just make up a deity that has the domains and favored weapon you want.

TroubleBrewing
2011-02-01, 07:31 AM
Or not a deity at all. A concept. Say you worship "Murphy's Law".

Amnestic
2011-02-01, 07:36 AM
If you take the Cloistered Cleric ACF (PHB2), I believe you get the Knowledge Domain (plus a few extra spells) for "free".

Wee Jas has Law and Death. Kurtulmak has Law and Luck.

I'd recommend following a 'cause' as others have suggested, as it gives you more freedom with your Domains choices.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-02-01, 07:49 AM
Cloistered Cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric) loses armor and shield proficiencies and gets lower HD and BAB in exchange for more skill points/level, Knowledge domain for free in addition to the two you normally get, a Lore ability similar to bardic knowledge, and a few more spells added to the class spell list.

I would highly recommend the Celerity domain in SC, and the Time domain is also superb for a cleric dip. I think these would fit your concept, since everyone's time runs out. You could throw around cheesy phrases like your time is up.