PDA

View Full Version : Cohort Build Advice

NeverSleep
2011-02-01, 09:04 AM
I'm playing in a 2 person campaign. The DM(also running his pc- a candle caster) and myself(running an incantrix focused on metamagic-ing everything).

We are starting out at 6th level, and I'm taking Leadership. I will get a 5th level cohort.

The character goals are to build up my own adventurers guild, in addition to ultimate arcane power of course.

I would like suggestions on potential cohorts. Keep in mind, currently just 2 mages working together. All core and Fearun stuff is in no question. For feats almost any legit source. Spells all from core and fearun, and special permission/no cheese. Characters/prcs from anywhere.

I'll throw one out first.

Melee clericzilla would fit well. Ability to get on the front lines without to much trouble. Add healing between combats and use of healing wands, etc...

Any others you think would fit this campaign or be very helpful?

JonRG
2011-02-01, 09:19 AM
Regardless of a character’s Leadership score, he can only recruit a cohort who is two or more levels lower than himself.

Cleric wouldn't be a bad choice, if you can find one willing to slum around with two wizards. Incidentally, what's your alignment? Might help avoid non-viable suggestions (like paladin if you're chaotic or evil).

MonarchAnarch
2011-02-01, 09:52 AM
spellfire dwarven chain fighter w/ tripper build.

With it's high con the two mages and keep him amp'd up with the rest of the spells at the end of the day for in free in battle healing. Just think of him as crowd control and an in-battle HP battery. With the PRC he could fire the healing bolts at you from a distance.

kyoten
2011-02-01, 12:48 PM
I'm playing in a 2 person campaign. The DM(also running his pc- a candle caster) and myself(running an incantrix focused on metamagic-ing everything).

We are starting out at 6th level, and I'm taking Leadership. I will get a 5th level cohort.

Actually he would be at most (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#leadership) a 4th level character currently!

Thurbane
2011-02-01, 08:23 PM
Actually he would be at most (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#leadership) a 4th level character currently!
From memory, there is a leadership feat in HoB that boosts max cohort level to your level -1.