PDA

View Full Version : Enchantments on fellow PCs?

Scarlet-Devil
2011-02-01, 01:31 PM
I was just wondering how people felt about your party members using magic to manipulate your character, frankly I'm kind of undecided. One one hand, it's usually no fun not being able to control your own character, so Dominate spells seem a little too far, except maybe in extreme circumstances, and with the player's permission. On the other hand, something like charm or suggestion could be potentially seen as a good opportunity for role-playing, if a little tricky... again I think I would want permission to be asked and granted first.

Pika...
2011-02-01, 01:35 PM
I do it on occasion, but only for funny reasons/jokes. :smallbiggrin:

That, or to keep a character from killing mine...

dsmiles
2011-02-01, 01:36 PM
Personally, I'm against any sort of PvP, except in EXTREME in-character circumstances. It's one of the main reasons I only play tabletop RPGs and no MMOs or other online games.

Yora
2011-02-01, 01:38 PM
Well, I say if you start to charm another character, you are openly stating that you see him as either a danger to your plans, or a slave to command.
In either case, you are now said characters enemy.

So it comes down to the question if the group allows intra-party conflict or not. Depending on the character I play, I would probably try to get the offending character out of the party. One way or another.

Nero24200
2011-02-01, 01:42 PM
I'm against it, just because I think it's bad to control how another character acts. If you need to rely on enchantments to stop the group from killing each other or some such it's probably already too late.

RagnaroksChosen
2011-02-01, 03:08 PM
depends on the maturity level of the group involved. and the circumstances behind it...