PDA

View Full Version : Armor for a Griffon

DM_of_the_Lazy
2011-02-01, 04:19 PM
Hello, I tried searching around what was already posted and didn't see anything so my bad if this topic is already around but I was wondering what kinds of armor I could get for my Griffon mount. Maybe something that increases his flight speed and or maneuverability?

Waker
2011-02-01, 04:24 PM
Are you looking for a set of armor specifically for a griffon or something? If not barding follows the same rules as armor does for normal creatures. Just poke around in the PHB (pg 129) and go about the normal ways to enchant magical armor that is shown in the DMG or MIC.

sonofzeal
2011-02-01, 04:24 PM
Pectorals of Flight (from... Draconomicon?)

Here's the general info on animal item slots....

Although it's easy to imagine an animal benefiting from magic equipment beyond a simple saddle and a suit of barding, fitting a mount's physiology to the list of item slots available to characters is not an easy task. Try the following variant list of item slots for quadruped animals (and other monsters when appropriate).

One skull cap or helm
One pair of lenses or goggles
One collar
One saddle blanket or vest
One saddle or jacket
One belt or strap worn in front of or over the haunches
One pectoral or harness worn over the chest or shoulders
One pair foreleg bracers
One pair of foreleg shoes or mitts -- hoofed creatures wear shoes and creatures with paws wear mitts
Two rings -- creatures with toes wear rings on the toes and creatures with hooves wear "rings" just above fore hooves
One pair of hind leg shoes or mitts -- hoofed creatures wear shoes and creatures with paws wear mitts

Shpadoinkle
2011-02-01, 04:25 PM
There should be rules for barding for exotic mounts in the PHB. Any normal armor enchantment can also be put on barding.

DM_of_the_Lazy
2011-02-01, 04:43 PM
Thank you.

D Knight
2011-02-01, 06:07 PM
there is also a Paladin spell called golden barding. make that into an item and you are golden