PDA

View Full Version : Paraelementals?

LOTRfan
2011-02-01, 06:11 PM
I'm sorry, but I seem to be having troubles finding the stats for the Paraelementals. Does anyone recall what book they can be found in?

dsmiles
2011-02-01, 06:14 PM
I believe that a couple of them were in the MotP. Sadly, not very many.

LOTRfan
2011-02-01, 06:18 PM
Thank you.

Jair Barik
2011-02-01, 06:18 PM
Correct, Ice magma, ooze and smoke paraelementals are all found in MotP, it is however a 3e book so they need minor updates to them. Also Dracomnicon effectively has Paraelemental dragons (drakes with the same types e.g. magma, ooze etc.) and various source books have similarly themed mephits.

dsmiles
2011-02-01, 06:25 PM
Correct, Ice magma, ooze and smoke paraelementals are all found in MotP, it is however a 3e book so they need minor updates to them. Also Dracomnicon effectively has Paraelemental dragons (drakes with the same types e.g. magma, ooze etc.) and various source books have similarly themed mephits.I stand corrected, that's all of them. I must have been confusing the numbers. There are 8 quasi-elementals. *facepalm*

Jair Barik
2011-02-01, 06:30 PM
In that case we are even dsmiles :smallamused:

LOTRfan
2011-02-01, 06:45 PM
Would either of you happen to know the CR of the Elder Magma Paraelemental?

I don't have my books with me at the moment.

EDIT: I'm going to guess and say around 11?

dsmiles
2011-02-01, 06:48 PM
I'm also AFB.

@Jair: :smalltongue:

Jair Barik
2011-02-01, 06:54 PM
All elder paraelementals have CR11. Similarly all other paraelementals share the same CR regardless of type within their size group (going 1,3,5,7,9,11 from smallest to largest)

arguskos
2011-02-01, 07:10 PM
If you're interested, the Quasielementals were in fact statted, as were the Paraelemental Monoliths, the Princes of Elemental Evil, and an Archomental template.

The Quasi's and the Archomental template are non-official, sadly, but they exist, if desired. They can be found in a PDF called Denizens of the Inner Planes over on Planewalker, and are totally boss. :smallamused:

The Monoliths, the Paraelemental Creature templates, and the Princes of Elemental Evil (Cryonax, Yan-C-Bin, Olhydra, Ogremoch, and Imix) are found in Dragon #347.

EDIT: As for the Paraelementals themselves, yeah, they're in MotP. No real conversion is required, luckily, they're pretty much playable out of the box.