PDA

View Full Version : Means for changing primary casting stat?

Talbot
2011-02-01, 08:12 PM
Do they exists? Where can I find them?

Note: Specifically, I'd like to find a way to use Cha for a Duskblade for multiclassing/SAD purposes.

Thurbane
2011-02-01, 08:29 PM
The only way I'm aware of is a 3rd party feat, called Lost Tradition (Bastards & Bloodlines, 3.0).

There is a similar feat for Clerics only in one of the Dragonlance 3.X books...possibly the campaign setting. Dynamic Priest, or something similar.

AFAIK, there is no "official" way to change a Duskblade's casting stat to CHA. If you were Illumian, you could base bonus spells off STR or DEX...

JaronK
2011-02-01, 08:40 PM
Tainted Sorcerer would make your casting stat be your taint score, which ends up being up to one under double your wisdom score. Not too shabby. It's not Charisma but it can get much higher, due to the way it works (your taint score counts as your bonus, not the base stat).

JaronK

LikeAD6
2011-02-01, 08:43 PM
There is a similar feat for Clerics only in one of the Dragonlance 3.X books...possibly the campaign setting. Dynamic Priest, or something similar.

Yup, Dynamic Priest allows clerics to use Charisma, and Academic Priest allows clerics to use Intelligence. Spell DCs still use Wisdom though. Both feats can be found in Legends of the Twins.

Tokuhara
2011-02-01, 08:49 PM
It is Dynmic Priest, and while from Dragonlance, it is something I suggest to anyone who's playing a cleric anytime soon. Also a decent feat for paladins as an alternative to Serenity. All I wish is that Serenity worked for clerics.

In my 20th level Eberron campaign, I play a Cleric/Sovereign Speaker/Sacred Exorcist and I tried to beg my DM to let me take a version of serenity to allow me to use my Wisdom score instead of charisma. Granted, I'm a Buoman Cleric, but come on!

SiuiS
2011-02-01, 09:13 PM
There is a third party feat, "family tradition" which let's you set any score as your casting score (personally, I'd go for Con :D ) but again, it is not WotC approved.